Everything posted by Nicole Diver
- Markus
-
Sad evening
Ohhhhh Nancy my heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry.
-
What Are You Reading?
I read "if I stay" last summer. Has that been made into a movie yet?I have an MA in lit as well. Though now my tastes lean far more toward UF. Never read anything by Agatha Christie though. I finished Ward 2 South last weekend from Lucy's post earlier. Pretty disturbing stuff! Currently listening to audible 'Trail Dead' by Melissa Olson.
-
Can´t sleep craving!
Well done Nat, it will only get better from here, and thank you Tiff, you are great!
-
The Question Game
Yes! I dreamed my brother stole my identity and charged it up. Which I am quite sure he is fully capable of. Have you ever seen the tv show 'Infested'? Scary stuff!
-
First day: huge craving!!!
Just a quick note to say we are proud of you! Just think, today will soon be in the books and you will be soooo happy with yourself. And you won't have to do today again.
-
SmOkEfReEiN2014 - 1st week of freedom!
Congrats Mike/Wendy/Blondie. Movin' on up. :)
-
Happy Birthday, NayNay!
Happy birthday! Please tell us about all your presents ;)
-
Eighteen months for our dear Jimmy!!!
Yay jimmy xoxo
-
New ideas: getting through the 1st day
Oh and post to your heart's content. It's so much better to not go it alone.
-
New ideas: getting through the 1st day
Play candy crush and listen to audibles. After your work out. Little slices of Heaven. (I have audible recs if needed.)
-
New Healthy Food Obsessions..What's yours?
Avo blechhhhh :)
-
What worked for you?
My last quit, every second of those four months quit I felt deprived and unhappy. It was all mental sabotage. This time, the understanding that smoking does nothing but relieve the withdrawal (the was caused by last cigarette) has made all the difference to me. If I smoked now, all I would be doing is creating the desire to smoke. The ''need' is gone. So of course, it would be disastrous to create that need again. As Allen Carr said, smokers smoke to feel like non smokers. (Paraphrased.) That's why it's so critical to not buy into the ideology of 'social' smoking. There may indeed be some people that can do it, but if you're here, you're not one of them. That's ok, neither am I. What made the light bulb turn on for you that really helped your quit?
-
Advice needed: NRT
The day before I quit was by far much worse than the day I quit. The anticipation scared the heck out of me.But by the end of day 1, I was surprised and pleased that somehow I'd survived it. Truth be told it wasn't *that* bad. Wasn't great. but not as bad as I thought it would be. We are here for you!
-
New Healthy Food Obsessions..What's yours?
We just got watermelon tonight!
-
Advice needed: NRT
It seems like there is a better success rate for cold turkey BUT for me I was so terrified to quit I knew I needed help, so I did the gum. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have probably went cold turkey, but for who I was then, I do not regret it.
-
Disney Club For Mrs Bakon
I can't do pics on my iPad but thinking of you and the mrs!!
-
Melanie aka Beacon...It's almost time!
Woo hoo!! So excited for you <3
-
New Healthy Food Obsessions..What's yours?
Jk. I really like edamame now.
-
New Healthy Food Obsessions..What's yours?
Water
- RECIPES
- RECIPES
- RECIPES
-
Jengelsnew has 1 YEAR today!!!!!
You are a rockstar!! Great job, you have done so well.
-
What Was Your Quit Smoking Goal?
Susana I don't have any family either. If I live a long enough, I will very likely be put in a state run nursing home. My goal was never to live longer...there are many reasons I quit but it really wasn't for anyone else. The first day I quit, my smoker's cough went away, and that was a boost in the right direction. And I hated always having to be worried about smelling like stale smoke. It's nice feeling completely healthy. (Which of course I may find out later there were complications), but not to have to wonder if whatever slight pain I felt inside at the time was cancer. Now there is no pain, and no wondering.