Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brioski

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Brioski

  1. I agree w the others, especially Jill… it’s totally the addiction knowing it can win u over w those thoughts. Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally new to this staying quit thing and who knows maybe it’ll pull me back in too (hopefully not and I’m not leaning that way lol). So maybe I’m not the person to listen to or trust. But I’m saying it doesn’t make u lesser a strong, good person. I’ve learned those thoughts of being cynical and the way you feel are going to be there whether we smoke or not. I totally thought to myself it’s totally not a good time for me to quit bc my dad passed, had two miscarriages, my dog died, got covid, was hospitalized, and quit my job after 9 years..it was too much…but staying smoking is not gonna change any of that, so why not just try to stay quit as long as I can….like really try. And if it doesn’t work out, ok I’ll try again, but at least I gave it a Girl Scouts try. Idk what I’m saying it sounds like gibberish to me now lol. I just had a (nother) panic attack (who tf knows why lol), where I couldn’t breathe, went for a drive, took my anxiety med, and now I’m home…..2 months ago I couldn’t imagine not having a cig after that ordeal. Now, I use the air cig, candy, tiktok, my dog, something else for the time being. But believe me I still have a ways to go w self stuff too. Anyway, so glad you’re back on the train…let’s find a good cabin and relax 🥰
  2. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -14
  3. Thank you both! I def only plan on taking meds my dr prescribes, and even then I do my own research and ask questions/advocate for my meds/health. I’m on three diff meds for asthma and none of them are singular/mont. I’ll have to read up on acv, but won’t be just taking something bc my internet friend told me to, no offense overcome 😂. Thank you for thinking of me. I just got home and was able to do my tests, treadmill included 😂. Now for a Wendy’s cheeseburger lolol. hope you’re all having a good day
  4. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -15
  5. Holy crap that’s so much stuff to deal w. I don’t mean to sound cliche but I’m sorry that’s happened to you.
  6. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -15
  7. Thanks Jilly ❤️ I have an appt with the pulmonologist in may, they scheduled me months out that’s how busy they are (I’m not crazy abt this guy either, met him in the hospital last year and wanted to throw my cup at him lol) but I should be able to get some answers. Did your shortness of breath get better after those few weeks? I know u said you have some respiratory stuff so I hope your breathing is ok too. ❤️ and thanks for saying you guys care, that was literally so sweet made me smile big.
  8. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13 Nancy I love the quotes in your sig!
  9. More shortness of breath today, just got a big ass cry out. I cried about how I have more trouble breathing as a nonsmoker than when I smoked, wtf!? I cried about how I miss my dad so friggin much and how I hope he’s breathing freely now. I cried bc I have a stupid heart test and stress test tmrw (yea and how the hell am I gonna run or walk on the treadmill while I can’t breathe?). I cried bc there are SO many friggin emotions that come out after stopping smoking, that it’s like woah who even am I? One thing I didn’t cry about…being a smoker lol. Ok ok I see the advantages of this positive thinking hooey 😂. I just wish I could friggin breathe!! It got better for quite a few weeks, now for a few days I’m a wheezing machine that can’t take a deep breath. Maybe the pollen too. But this happen to others almost two months in? (Wow almost two months yee haw).
  10. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  11. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -10 hey Dor ❤️
  12. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -8
  13. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  14. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  15. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  16. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  17. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  18. Sorry Darcy that sucks 😞 what do u think was the straw that broke the camels back? You’ll always be welcomed back ❤️
  19. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  20. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  21. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  22. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  23. Brioski replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  24. I’m so sorry you’re feeling like that Darcy…those little stupid sticks don’t have control..you have control..even if it doesn’t feel like it right now. I totally get what you’re feeling…we’re almost two and you almost three (!!) months in and still having these thoughts, it sucks!! Deep breaths lovie you’re ok.
  25. Brioski replied to Sazerac's topic in Games
    Shit my pants…and that would mean…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.