Everything posted by DenaliBlues
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
My Resistance to NOPE
^^^^^ Me, too. At the outset, I had no identity as a “nonsmoker.” (Still don’t.) But I could identify as a QUITTER. Quitting was so bleeping hard that every hour/day that I didn’t smoke became something I wanted to guard and defend - I became protective and proud of them. That initial abstinence approach eventually created the space and grace to begin working on healing and recovery, which is the work I am doing now. Abstaining alone won’t cut it for me… past relapses have taught me that. I need to proactively attend to deep healing from addiction. But abstinence was the first essential tool I used to punch through the walls of my nicotine imprisonment. Sort of like those home renovation TV shows. Demolition before renovation!
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
Saturday 25th February 2023
NOPE
-
Jordan7 is Eight Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations, Jordan! So happy for you - and grateful for your being part of my quit. The Penguin People cannot contain their joy!
-
Haiku Thursday
Frost on daffodills I want to knit all of them Tiny wool sweaters
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
Friday 24th February 2023
- chicks or sticks
-
Hello again 👋
Welcome back, Bria! One hour/day at a time is a smart strategy. Staying busy and distracted helps, too. It’s not wrong to say that you love smoking. Total honesty is needed for a successful quit. But as your quit grows, you may find that the internal, “I love smoking” idea is unmasked as a romanticized false narrative. For me, I realized that it was more accurate to say, “I am an addict who feels antsy without my fix and smoking is my drug.” Sheds a different light on things. Anyhow, good on you for coming back. You can do this!!
-
Week 2
Hi, Molly and Bria. I’m sorry that things are difficult for you both right now. I can relate to being clobbered by multiple deaths and sorrows - that happened to me in 2021 and 2022. It can feel relentless sometimes - still terribly raw, despite the passage of time. Haunting. But I am more than the sum of my losses. So are you. When my mom was dying last summer, several people on the Train asked me if smoking ever really fixed anything? As much as I desperately wanted to smoke, I had to honestly answer “no.” Smoking never mended anything broken, never brought anyone back. So I keep my quit and I muddle thru as best I can. It’s not a linear process, but I can absolutely promise that the quit muscles get stronger with time. There are gifts to quitting that gradually start to bloom. It’s a courageous and beautiful thing you’re both doing, to walk toward them.
- chicks or sticks
-
Thursday 23rd February 2023
-
Kate18 is Three Years Smoke Free!!!
Happy anniversary, @Kate18. What a wonderful milestone to celebrate. Here’s a happy dance to salute you!
-
Wednesday 22nd February 2023
nope
- Change A Letter Game
-
10 Things You Can Do With
3. Incubate turtle eggs
-
Tuesday 21st February 2023
N O P E
-
A - Z Words Ending with a Vowel
Godzilla
-
Darcy is One Month Smoke Free Today!!!
Woo hoo Darcy! Getting through those first four weeks takes a lot of ingenuity and grit - well done. So happy that you made your break for freedom!
- 1 to 20,000 in pictures