Everything posted by Kris
-
Closing thought of the day
@intoxicated yodaand @KELA double congratulations to both of you for your quit and for the strength to tackle other things at the same time. I know I could not do it, I can only focus on the quit right now.
-
Covid up tick
@jillarHow do I do that, maybe not a bad idea to have a test on hand. Thanks!
-
What are you doing right now
Wow, that is beautiful and terrifying at the same time. You be careful. I know you have dealt with this before but WOW!
-
Reality of smoking damage
@KELThanks for the info, I was just going off of situations that I have experienced in the medical and health insurance area. I had to learn a great deal about many types of health insurance including Medicare while caring for loved ones. I was not offering a legal opinion, I said that she should check her policy and if there were not specific things listed as not covered she should not be worried. Yes, she should contact her carrier if she has questions. It is imperative that we all have clear and concise rules we need to follow for our coverage. I have had to take things to task with Aetna, Medicare, Humana and the federal government who provides my insurance and my husbands before he passed. Sometimes insurance will deny things but when push comes to shove and you have your documentation regarding the issue you will be covered. That is the nature of some insurance carriers, they deny hoping they will not have to pay, expecting you to just give up when they deny a claim. Thanks K
-
I got eyes for you !
I just knew you were a cutie! Your wife has good taste in Teddy Bears. She has someone that protects, provides, and worships her. She is truly blessed!
-
Reality of smoking damage
@KEL I am confused, your earlier message said there were legalities to the post I made. You now have deleted your post without the clarification I needed and changed another one to @Kate18. You stated that your message was not well received, I don't know what that means either. There is no need to reply to me but if there is a problem with the information I posted please send a PM to @Kate18 so she knows if there could be a problem with her insurance. Thanks
-
Reality of smoking damage
Okay, tell us how it works?
-
I got eyes for you !
@Opah, that was just a sweet, kind, loving response. I don't want to stay here for the finale if that means what I watched my Mom go through. She passed at 90. I will be happy to go when my mind is gone. I knew you were just a big teddy bear that carries a big gun. You had me fooled for a little while but now I know who you are!
-
Reality of smoking damage
I am not going there. There are things out there, no matter what we do. We are just humans and I do not and will not judge anyone for anything they may or may not do. I have/had smoked for forty years of my own accord. I have eaten whatever I wanted for that seem length of time. The only time I have been asked any questions about this was for life insurance, I answered truthfully. I have never had any questions about my health insurance. They know everything as they get the information from my doctors. I have not had an increase in premiums that was not given to everyone on my plan. I did quit smoking because of my plan. They started including cat scans of the chest as a preventive care, just like pap smears, mammograms and colonoscopy. Things were found on my scan showing the beginning of emphysema. There was no doubt in my mind. I have watched others suffer this fate and is not for me. I quit smoking. It really came down to a simple question. Am I going to quit smoking or die a slow and painful death? I quit smoking. Now I am still overweight, I am still eating things I should not only because I know better. The truth is I love good food. I need to be more active. We are all stuck with some problem, I just admit I have the problem. I will deal with this one when I feel like it. You will not be denied coverage for anything if it is not stated from the get go that the condition was excluded from your plan. COVID weather you are vaccinated or not will be covered.
-
New look
It seems to okay to me. I am not good with tech but I am finding my way around. I don't understand what your Grrrr is for but as long as I can get here for a dose of strength I am good. Thanks Kris
-
I got eyes for you !
My mom had dementia. when she got a UTI, she would go totally off. Introducing me as here 16 year old daughter. Not knowing where she was, even though she had been living with me for some time. It is a scary time trying to figure things out.
-
Happy Foods
We have a peach festival here in July. All the fresh peaches you could want, you can even buy a bushel. They also have a huge farmers market there with everything you could want. They close down the city square in Weatherford Texas. There are vendors of arts, crafts and food.
-
New look
Thanks @jillar I am lost right now.
-
Happy Foods
I am or was a pretty good cook when I had people to cook for. Now it is just me. Most of the time I do not feel like it. I try to cook a casserole once a week, the rest of the time it is the easy or quick stuff. Baked chicken, steak, salad. I wish you lived closer too! Most of my true cooking was done for others.
-
New look
I am going to have to say, I am confused and will have to figure out how to do stuff again. Be patient!
-
Happy Foods
Recipes my mother inlaw used to make. Yesterday made casserole of layered mushrooms and eggs and sausage balls. Good for any meal. Honey and cinnamon butter as well. I really miss my inlaws! I married into a great family!
-
Closing thought of the day
@intoxicated yoda I have been quiet. I have a real good string of migraines going. I did force myself to shower today! Since I was clean, I did get dressed and ran to the neighborhood walmart. In my last two grocery trips there were noted empty shelfs. I did manage to find potatoes, mushrooms and green onions. It is like going on a scavenger hunt without any clues. I also got cottage cheese which I have been eating straight out of the container while watching The Real House Wives of Orange County, Just confirming I still feel like the three toed sloth I mentioned before. Hope everyone is doing well.
-
Stick of the day.....
Where you girls find this stuff is beyond me. I would venture to guess you would be the ones at the party wearing lampshades LOL
-
What are you doing right now
Just came to check on the board for a dose of strength. When the computer came on my screen saver was a three toed sloth. That is what I feel like today. Supposed to be doing a cook day but can't seem to make it off the couch. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!
-
What are you doing right now
Sorry to hear about your plumbing issues. I had those problems too. I disconnected the ice maker in the fridge and installed a pump type thing to deal with condensation from the air conditioner. I have been thinking of get the hot water heater replaced. I had to have it replaced 10 years ago. The weird thing was my husband had just passed. I lost his Mom 8 days later. I got up to a floor full of water in my bed/bathroom/ closet the morning of her service. Still stranger, when my FIL passed some15 years earlier the hot water heater in her home flooded the morning of his service. Now I have this fear of hot water heaters. I am afraid that if it blows I will lose another person I love. Am I crazy for constant worry about the hot water heater? The other thing on my mind tonight is I have a friend who is having some testing tomorrow. If you could keep this person in your prayers I would really appreciate it.
-
She's Here!
March on Daddy, she is getting you ready for her brother. She wants you to brush up on the Dad skills for the future of no sleep, changing diapers, reading stories, singing good night songs, giving baths etc. She is helping prepare for the new arrival. Make note to self when changing Boo2 diapers cover that little wink wink of you are going to get it right in the face. Don't worry, you will laugh until you cry! Hope Ms Maddie is feeling better!
-
10 Things You Can Do With
There maybe enough q tips but there will never be enough make up for me....
-
Been a little slow here
@maybaby66 Hi and welcome to the start of your new life. It will be hard at first, just take it a day at a time. There are so many wonderful people here to offer you support and advice. I am only 6 months quit but I can tell you that you will feel better sooner than you think!
-
Been a little slow here
Okay, @Sal lets get back to the basics. We are all alive. We will all die one day. We have all been smokers. So, back to the beginning, we are alive, we can make choices right now, what we do to enjoy life. Second, we all will die one day, how do we want to arrive at that point? Do we want it to be sooner or later. I think the answer is we want to enjoy our life and we want a peaceful easy death. Right now those are the two questions we need to ask ourselves. That will guide us, give us strength, help us do the right thing no matter how hard. We have to look at reality, there is no do over, we only have to really think about these things. We can make the right decision.
-
Katgirl is Eight Months Smoke Free Today!!!
You are killing it! You have conquered more than one beast at a time. Not only have you quit smoking, you have worked hard on other things, like more exercise, watching your diet. You have travelled in a time most of us have stayed put. Let's face it you take on a challenge and get the job done. Congratulations!!