Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kris

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kris

  1. Kris replied to Frezflops's topic in Socializing
    @CbdaveOMG, so sweet, they do bring so much love, joy and happiness. Okay, I am so happy that I got to post something on the board. This is two of my babies, ZO at the left and Toby Jo at my right. Could not get by without them. I will have to work on a picture of the third, the big boy. Tell us all about her, where, when, how she came to you!
  2. Cereal is soup, once you add the milk. Why does rain look like liquid silver dripping from your roof?
  3. Okay already, I've got it but I still don't like the word. Do people just sit around thinking up new words. The dictionary is big enough already, you know that big heavy book you can look up words for spelling and definition. We used to do that before the internet took over the world. This message is intended for those under twenty years of age.
  4. @Ace, trying to get the KINKS "Come Dancing" on here for your anniversary. As usual, I can't figure it out...so I will just say CONGRATULATIONS!
  5. I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Since you are going in for surgery I would check with your doctor before you start using the patches. I don't know if it is okay to have any nicotine in your system when going into surgery. Many of us here have quit for health reasons. It is not easy but we are doing it and you can too, Spend some time reading the board. There is a lot of good information and advice to help you along and great people that will support you. Look forward to getting to know you!
  6. I think I might still have one of those phones tucked away in my closet,,,maybe it is worth money because it is an antique LOL
  7. Kris replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Whelp some puppies
  8. Kris replied to jillar's topic in Games
    2. Make bread
  9. @intoxicated yodaand@jillar, I am with you. I have about 6#lb of bacon and two 2#lbs of sausage in the freezer. I would agree that there could be a sensitivity to processed meats but there are uncured available. I love bacon and use the sausage in many recipes. The caffeine would cause me more problems, i am a diet coke addict. I don't drink coffee. I could not give up carbs and sugar or people would be hurt. I could not live on bread and water but would be fine with bread, butter and water. Funny how I say that, never thought I could live without smoking, but I am doing it and there have been no reports of a mass murder in my area. I guess we can all do what we have to do, when we HAVE to do it. Wish you the best Yoda!!
  10. Nope, still don't get it, I am an old broken down house, plenty of gas leaks between me and the dogs. There are many things I don't know but that might be a blessing,
  11. Okay, we don't know what a meme truly is. @Doreensfreeplease do not make me listen or watch that again or you will have to start a newsite...Instant Migraine!
  12. I hate to say it but I am still confused but I don't think it is in the Websters yet.
  13. Not one of my favorites (this song) but they were amazing back in the day. Never went to a party in the 70's that there was not some ZZ.
  14. @AceWhite That is not the take I have about Canadians. I will admit I have never watched South Park but those are not Canadians (my opinion) When I think of Canada, I think of great snow, for outdoors sports, fishing and hunting, great hearty food, which is needed for the cold weather. French, with all the great bread and bakeries. Butter, butter, butter. for the french foods they make. P.S. I was born in France
  15. I am still confused but I do think it is some sort of memory. something that sticks with you once you have seen it or read it.
  16. Just for giggles, please find below and entry on a blog I follow. It confirms that I am not the only person that needs certain things in a snow/ice storm. I thought I was the only weird one, It's time to do my monthly check in for January! How did I do, let's see ... I lost 4 pounds over the span of the whole month. I ended my 40-Day Sugar fast on day 18 and decided not to restart it. I decided that a bit of chocolate was something I needed to help me get through a stressful time (ice storm) which meant the fast was broken. My decision to break the fast was not an impulsive 'I'm out of control' decision, it was something I thought about and decided it was the right thing for me to do at that time.
  17. Kris replied to jillar's topic in Games
    9. Use to remove excess caulk when you are putting in new baseboards.
  18. @Kel, just going back and reading your post again, back in the day! The great 80's, when the money flowed, when my son was born, when all the people I love were here on this earth. We were young, having fun, traveling, going to parties and enjoying our youth. I did quit smoking once I knew I was pregnant. We had been told by doctors that was not going to happen, miracles do happen, and it was the greatest gift of my life. Lord knows we are going through a trying time, I just gave up on the boxes of tissues. they could not keep up with my years. Now I just carry around a roll of tissue to mop up the mess of my tears. I can't say yet that the worst days are behind me as I still crave, I still want to smoke but it is just not something I can do any more for health reasons. I have now after all these years have accepted the reality that if I want to enjoy my older years I have to do this. Am I happy about it, no, not yet but I will be. I will get extra time with my son and grandchildren. What more motivation do I need. None.
  19. I was just looking around the board and saw there have been 37 of us on the board in the last 24 hour. That is the highest count I have ever seen. Such a wonderful thing, helping others and having a good chuckle. Sharing everything makes it so much easier!
  20. @Boo, don't know what a "hoser" is either but I think most guys would like that description. I hate to say it but sometimes I ask my son and daughter in law what things mean. There are so many new slang words I can't keep up. What is a meme? Is that short for memory? I keep seeing that on blogs I read and I don't have a clue.
  21. Congratulations and great job. Be kind to yourself, you are working hard, climbing a mountain to reach your goal. Soon you will reach the peak and see the world as you wish it to be. K
  22. Glad you are here. Relapse must be awful, starting all over but this time you know what to expect and how to deal with it. I think Covid knocked us all off our feet in some way. Now we know a lot more, can prepare and do things to make our life's saver, takes some of the fear out of it. That being said, we have known for a long time the dangers of smoking. Same thing, we know what we must do to stay healthy. It's as easy to quit smoking as to practice social distance, wash your hands, avoid indoor crowds, wear a mask, get the vaccine. I just feel silly. I am doing all of this stuff to protect myself and others from Covid but I still smoked until about seven months ago. No judgement only joy that you are ready to quit.
  23. Well that is not nice, who decided that people in lower Michigan were to be called trolls. How would the yoopers like to be called something like Satans spawn? Not much I think. LOL
  24. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think somewhere I read about it but I can't remember the specifics. I would think the further north you were raised and lived made you strong. You faced harder winters. Is that it?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.