Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Katgirl

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Katgirl

  1. I, too, suffer from Diverticulitis flare ups. No fun! I go on clear liquids when that happens. I generally stick with a clear Gatorade and ginger ale. I hate the antibiotic regimen, but always get them prescribed, out of caution, even though the newest school of thought is that resting the bowel, alone, should clear it up. I’m not buying it, at least, not yet.
  2. Katgirl replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Have your parents been vaccinated, @jillar, though that may not protect them from the delta variant, which I presume is the culprit.
  3. Has anyone thought about the logistics of overnighting 9 different frozen packages to different parts of the globe, price for same, etc? It’ a great, but impractical idea.🤔
  4. I have mine delivered , since Covid. I did over 30 minutes of power walking this morning, while the temp wasn’t too bad. My heart rate didn’t get up as high as usual, though I was walking as fast as I normally do. It could be that I took my beta blocker about an hour prior. In any case, my target heart rate is between 90 and 120, and I did maintain my heart rate within that range for 30 minutes, so I guess I’m good. I certainly worked up a good sweat. I am excited to get my treadmill set up tomorrow afternoon. The incline function should make getting my heart rate up easier.😊
  5. Elevator entrance activated
  6. Katgirl replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Applesauce
  7. Never quite got into Aerosmith, but I do like Steven Tyler. I always thought they were Stones wannabes….
  8. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17
  9. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -26
  10. Katgirl replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Ginger
  11. Elephant dated man
  12. How could I possibly be ahead of @Doreensfree? That doesn’t make any sense. 🤔
  13. Thank you, @jillar, and @d2e8b8. I did use my 4-7-8 breathing technique, and it did help. And d, you are right. We all have our crosses to bear. It’s just that I try so hard to be perfect. I am a Typa A personality, and those 2 factors may be at the root of my anxiety disorder. The good news is that I do have the tools to deal with it, including good meds. Doctors do not like to hand out Benzos anymore, but my Doc has known me for years, and trusts that I won’t abuse them. I just did another 30 minutes of moderately intensive cardio, which always helps, too.
  14. Do not know
  15. So, I’m pretty sure I have mentioned that I suffer from an anxiety disorder, which is pretty chronic, at least, lately. Well, today, it was almost out of control. I felt so bad, that I took an extra half dose of my anti-anxiety medication. Right now, I am almost back to feeling reasonably normal. For those of you who also experience bouts of anxiety, you know what I mean. Can I just say how much it pisses me off to suffer from a mental disorder?! It seems unfair. I always try to live the right way, I am in a great relationship. My kids and dozen grandkids are all fine and happy. It makes no sense for me to feel anxious. On paper, my life is great. I just returned from a 6 week cross country vacation, where I got to see wonderful places, spent quality time with all 3 of my sons, and 5 of my grandkids. I also got to see several very close long term friends, on the east coast. I stayed in luxury hotels, visited my coveted Jersey shore for 4 days, toured our nation’s capital, etc. I did all of that, with very little anxiety. So, why now? I even made sure to restart my exercise routine, because I know it helps with the anxiety. It is really scary to experience such severe so anxiety, that I feel like I’m losing control…. Keep me in your thoughts, please. KAT
  16. Wow! I am now Experienced! I am so excited. Me and Jimi Hendrix, man! We are both experienced! Cool! 😂😂
  17. That could work. We could all get our favorite pizza, and each explain what is so good about it, as we show them to each other. At least we would all be eating pizza together, sort of…..😀
  18. It was a nice pipe dream, though…..😊
  19. I thought of something similar, but with people being from different parts of the world, it would be difficult to find a time slot that is good for everyone. Also, we would all have to share our full names and addresses with each other. We would be giving up our anonymity, which is a mainstay of any online forum. 😳🤔
  20. I am switching to indoor power walking/ jogging indoors in 2 days, when my treadmill is set up.I think it will be a game changer. I am excited to participate in virtual hikes through Europe and Asia, with personal trainer at the helm.
  21. NOPE! Not today.
  22. You know what I wish? I wish we could have a pizza party and sample everyone’s favorite pizza! How fun would that be. A pizza party! It could be byop, and byob. Bring your own pizza and bring your own beer. Perhaps we could do it virtually…..😀
  23. Rabbit teaches tricks 😂
  24. Apparently, Buddy’s is quite famous. I thought about ordering it, but at $99.00 for 3 pizzas, I’ll pass, for now. They do look yummy, though. Good looking out, Opah!
  25. Go sing harmonies

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.