Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CarpeLibrum

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CarpeLibrum

  1. These are all the tools I have been using to distract me so far - making tea, reading reading and more reading, I've rewatched Parks and Recreation as it's such a comforting thing, plus it's good to laugh hysterically and feel my lungs opening up! If I feel a craving hit I breathe in for a count of six, hold it and breathe out slowly. If that doesn't help and I'm at home I head for the shower and try to reset myself. At work I get up and walk around and shake myself off. I've also had several good cries, I doubt that's over yet. 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
  2. Hi all Haha - yeah I may have failed to mention its pretty noisy both ends 🙈 getting slowly better though. I've had some odd fluttering sensations that seem to be gas bubbles too it's very easy to start thinking you're dying though, which is ridiculous given that when I was smoking I didn't think that every day I just carried on. I'm on the herbal teas and have knocked any booze on the head while I find my feet with not lighting up. The two go hand in hand and it's not worth the regret!
  3. Hey all I've been looking for a supportive forum while I am quitting. I had my last cigarette at 9pm on Valentine's Day. I'm 43, and have smoked regularly since I was in my early 20's. With two long breaks during pregnancy. I've tried to quit maybe 8/9 times. Tried nrt, and vaping. Neither of these have worked for me in the past - my best way is plaster off after cutting down and just getting the nicotine out of my system altogether. The main side effects I have struggled with have been my emotions, although I can have odd "highs" too which I imagine must be all the receptors trying to figure out what's happening. Also my digestion is buggered, I've never burped so much in my life and constantly feel "gurgly" inside, like a shaken up can of coke. (Or other off brand cola 😂) Tired too - but determined. It's time. So yeah - hi, what a thing we put ourselves through eh!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.