Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

darcy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by darcy

  1. NOPE ...FREEDOM
  2. darcy posted a blog entry in dancing
    Still delighted to be FREE. Can't spend too much time pondering the choices of the past. The consequences and results of all my past choices will reveal or heal as I THRIVE on....with all the opportunities life brings. The teeth and gum pain is such that in normal times I would head to the dentist. Being in far from normal times, I am choosing to self treat with many salt water rinses and using the water pik with hydrogen peroxide mix. Cravings are few and vary in duration (never more than a few minutes) and really feel more like celluar memory of what I am "supposed to do" at certain times or in certain circumstances. Different thinks and things to do now. EZPZ as Sarge says. Scared. grateful for the people here on QT. I feel closer and more connected to many of you than most anyone else right now. Thanks everyone for being here learning, healping, gaming, chatting.... really appreciate your presence and gifts more than I can explain. Am in touch with close friends and family, too, ... feeling disconnected and scared for many of them... and many of us. Stay safe people. Be kind to yourself and each other. I wish there were a way for me to safely help in a different manner than only staying home. I hope I see my parents and siblings again. DEEPLY GRATEFUL none of these scary maudlin thoughts ignite the desire to smoke. O yeah... I don't fing smoke. happy laughing!!!!
  3. Glad you got it and glad you're leaving it... don't do the stuff that hurts. Glad your walk and flexibility things work . So sorry you're routinely in pain. Do you practice mindfulness at all? I have heard from people who have continuous pain that their mindfulness practices bring a relief of sorts.
  4. Dismiss individual spaces crowded onboard float
  5. darcy replied to BKP's topic in Socializing
    Thank you for doing it!
  6. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -16
  7. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17
  8. Happy Birthday, Tammy!
  9. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -19
  10. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -19 drum roll please, Tammy go get it!
  11. darcy replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Hey MLMR, Where are you? Just drop a quick note ... (((hugs)))
  12. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17 thanks Tammy
  13. Where'd yesterday go? did walk a mile plus. Day 11 challenge plank 45 seconds - yay me!! need to set up a place where i can see my form. squats 26 1/2 a mile
  14. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -14 good morning from the Northwoods! It is spring!
  15. Hello Niklaus, Welcome to the Quit Train. So glad you are here at a young age. QUIT NOW! you will never regret it. Being recently quit myself, I find that if I brush, floss or rinse after eating (or all three) once the taste of food is out of my mouth the weird feeling/craving goes away quickly. Irritability and concentration problem management....post on these boards lots, be kind and firm with yourself - you will be withdrawing from an addiction , so breath and let the grumpy and short attention span just be....come here and complain or rant. These things will pass, then sporadically appear again, as they do in life. Sazerac is a wealth of solid information, as are many of the other people, I suggest checking out their links and reading suggestions. Can't say enough how smart you are to be quitting NOW. You got this. Welcome aboard...fun group of people here.
  16. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  17. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  18. darcy posted a blog entry in dancing
    Feeling odd and fine at the same time. Pretty sure lots of folks are in this space. Had some sleep with out OTC assistance the last few nights. Yay! As this recovery from 38 plus years of addiction sails along ... my gums and teeth are sensitive and sore in places. Hurray for blood flow!! Appreciate the opportunity to lavish some fabulous oral care on myself. I love my waterpik. Had allowed the illusion of no pain to be the belief "I have healthy gums and teeth"... sad laughter ... the lies I told myself as I sucked in the poisons. Kind of funny (no, definitely not funny) in some sick ways ... there was never any doubt or clarity around being an addict. I knew that from pretty much the beginning ... definitely by 16 years old, that I was addicted to cigarettes. In the last ten years, a beloved colleague of mine and I would announce to our team mates that we were headed to the backyard to kill ourselves one breath at time. He passed away from lung cancer about 4 years ago. Many years (could be a lifetime) of trauma, depression, anxiety and seriously poor at best coping skills are evolving into many years of inner peace, learning to love and healing. Will have to see how the scars of smoking continue to impact life and find ways to use them to celebrate FREEDOM. FREEDOM gratitude list deeply grateful that: each day begins differently now ... weird due to covid-19 situation, but not with the immediate lurching out the door to light up. Sometimes to smoke up to 3 cigarettes before feeling prepared to do other things. after eating I clean up and stow food without having to smoke first breathing without wheezing is calming no arranging the day around smoking- currently not much arranging the day period, but I look forward to going places and not needing to scout a place to smoke where I won't be seen I get to hangout on the QT with fun folks, play games and learn, and be with people my hands and feet seem warmer I do not spend tons of time worrying about cancer -- still may happen, but for now my mind is at peace around it choosing to be free from slavery of nicotine, may be a sign that I really am able to love myself somehow... a true miracle, if you knew me and how I have been people who love me are glad for me to be quit I am not triggered by other people smoking -- I hear them light up while we talk on the phone and have no craving, used to be an autopilot response when on the phone. Yay freedom! Thank you, thank you, thank you for quitting smoking, Darcy.
  19. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  20. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  21. darcy replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    MLMR, Hey, glad you're here. I have been gaining strength through your journey. Thank you!!! Chase that smokey thought away. Not one thing will look, smell, feel , be better, if you smoke. NOPE ... not sure what works for you.... (((hugs))) and more (((hugs))) Your SUPER GIRL is there dance her around, shout and declare. Stay close to these boards. I'm sure many you know from here are already connecting to you. You got this. You do not smoke, remember? repeat. ((((hugs))))
  22. darcy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  23. darcy replied to Pearlie's topic in Games
    Introverts likely living.
  24. darcy replied to Pearlie's topic in Games
    Never eat dodos.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.