Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Angeleek

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Angeleek

  1. Great job Midmale! Keep going!
  2. Hi Kate! Random thoughts are also part of the old habit. I remember asking random people if they have an extra smoke if they happen to be smoking and I happen to not have any in me, especially when I was much younger. I get random thoughts and sometimes little craves, but they come and go within seconds and don't really worry me. If I start to dwell, I remind myself what it would mean to smoke another 10,000 cigarettes and that pits an end to it. Nearly 8 months in, the thoughts are getting fewer and fewer, and farther in between. Don't worry.
  3. Hi Linda! You are in fact winning the battle because you keep on quitting and are determined to become an ex smoker! Just keep on quitting and one day it will stick! I found that Joel Spitzer's videos were very good counsel cuz they helped me sort out the mental aspects of being without nicotine. Please don't berate yourself for relapsing, because life is depressing enough. Remember nicotine hijacked our happiness, so we have to fight against that process and activate our inner happy in order to undo that programming. Always congratulate yourself on your resolve to quit and to quit again if you happen to relapse. For me, one of the biggest hurdles was to find a new way to reward myself because every time I made it to 2 or 3 weeks, I rewarded myself with a cigarette which of course led to full-fedged smoking again. Once I was able to outsmart that particular inner junkie process, I was able to stay off the smokes longer and move onto the next mental thing...and it's all mental after the initial body withdrawals fade (3 weeks for me). You can do this, Linda. Your mind and resolve to be free are stronger than your addiction. If you relapse, assess what went wrong and how you can prevent that from happening next time. You can definitely do it! I hope to read about your next quit very, very soon. All the best to you, Linda.
  4. Great job quitting and staying quit, John! 2 months is radical...and it gets easier...you will see!! Well actually now u r almost 3 months in....woohoo!!
  5. But some days just feel so Blown Away...
  6. Far and Away some days! Other days it's truly a Deep Impact..
  7. Depends on the day, and other variables. Guess I'm old enough to re-embrace the immature!
  8. Congratulations on your new job, Michelle, and keeping the quit!! Let some more time go by...it gets even easier!! 7 months here and it already feels way different from 5. It helps to celebrate! Keep celebrating and noticing your successes!
  9. Congratulations on 6 months quit Kate!! I know you are super stoked and proud!! Celebrate and treat yourself, and keep up the great work. Feeels great when the cravings are slim to none, eh! High 5! 👏 er...6! Woohooo!!
  10. Hooray Doreen! Congratulations on 7 years smoke free and saving your life! You are such an inspiration for us all. So supportive and always so funny! I can't count how many times you made me LOL!! Thank you for you and congratulations!
  11. Hey Steven! Sorry you succumbed to the urge to smoke. But great job fessing up to yourself and the people who care, and getting right back on track. You don't have to be a smoker! Use the knowledge and help in this forum to keep you on track and off the smokes. You can do it!!
  12. Get well soon! And hold on to that quit!
  13. How about the Ciggieslayers! Or the Nicoterminators!! Possibly the Buttcrushers!!! Would the Buttsnuffers be obscene? LOL! Hm...here we go. The Smoke Wrestlers!!!!
  14. Yaaay Mona! And way to go doing it through the pandemic! Congratulations! Be proud and reward yourself! Keep up the great work! Your lungs must love you now.
  15. Angeleek replied to Kate18's topic in Celebrations!
    Woohoo Kate! Congratulations ! You toughed it out and look at you now! Cravings are slim to none! Great job!
  16. Congratulations Paul! Way to be good to yourself! Thx for sharing the Matt dances!
  17. Congratulations on 6 years! Keep going!
  18. OMG I feel so famous!! 👏👏 😍 Thanks, Jillar! Thanks everyone! Doreen as soon as I saw that gigantic glass of wine I poured myself a Spanish red blend and made a tapas of jamon, manchego, chalkidiki olives and tortilla chips to celebrate! Yes last Friday marked 6 full calendar months being completely tobacco and nicotine free. It's so awesome to be FREE of nicotine! The depression is still not 100% gone, but it is slowly going away, bit by bit. I have random thoughts of smoking or remarking how cool it is that I don't smoke, and occasional actual urges that are easy to deal with. Thanks to everyone here on Quit Train for your kind support and encouragement. The information shared and knowledge gained here, and everyone's good humor, have truly helped me through some tough days and helped me stick to my quit resolve. Joel Spitzers website and videos are key as well. To freedom!! A great weekend to all! 🍷 😷 😀
  19. Congratulations, Upinsmoke, on one week free! It's probably the hardest week but you made it! It gets better! Keep up the great work!
  20. Congratulations John. Savor those moments! More to come...
  21. I remember I was visiting home once, and my mother and brother refused to go to the movies with me because they couldn't smoke. I was so disappointed. Even as a smoker I could still sit through half a movie..all if I was riveted. So not having to forego movies because of smoking is definitely a plus!
  22. Yes without that stimulant your body is tired. Good for you! Rest is great!
  23. Way to go on a 60+ year quit! Amen to that! Maybe there is a small part of you that hangs on to your smoker identity for nostalgia purposes or something.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.