Everything posted by Gordo
-
Gordo is 4 months smoke free
Thanks eveybody! Feeling really proud of myself, taking it one day at a time. My life has done a complete 180 turn. - Quit smoking - started eating healthier - start exercising, since starting exercising I've walked a total of 143km/89miles. Riding my bike I've ridden to date, 817km/508miles, and I don't plan on stopping. My goal is to ride/commute to work until the weather gets to cold to ride.
-
2018 Quitters Check In
Checkin' in, it's been 3 mths now since quitting. Started exercising and eating better pretty much as soon as I quit. So far I've lost almost 10lbs. Starting this Friday June 1st I'm riding my bike to fight kids cancer. I've committed to ride at least 200kms in the month of June, which is going to be a piece of cake riding to work everyday (26km round trip). On a side note I am looking for sponsors, lol! So all in all, I'm feeling great, and there is no stopping me now!
-
Gordo is 2 Months Quit Today!!
Thanks everyone, each day gets a easier and easier. Started exercising and eating healthier to combat weight gain. Gained a few pounds but I'm maintaining, hopefully the pounds will start pouring off soon! Lol
-
Am I going crazy!.?
Thanks for all of your help. Wife and I just got back from Vegas, had a great time. Today is day 20 smoke free, it's getting easier for me day by day. Man Vegas was tough some days, the smell of smoke smelt so good, and other days it was disgusting. I'm hanging in there though...
-
Am I going crazy!.?
Hello all, new to the forums. So 12 days ago I gave up on anything and everything that had nicotine in it, after 30 plus years. Heres the short or try to make it a short story. January 1st I had 2 smokes left in my pack, said to myself I'm tired of going to the store everyday, I'm done. Haven't bought a pack since. I took up vaping again, gave that up just over 2 weeks ago. I used nicotine lozenges for a few days and quit that to, I've just had enough of anything and evrything to do with smoking. So here I am going bonkers, I'm full of self dought, my body and the things thats been going on for the last week or so are really making me wonder if its withdrawl or not.. My stomach is tossing and turning, making noises I only hear when I'm hungry, what I think is indigestion. I have this feeling like I have a lump in my throat, it comes and goes. I know for a fact that I'm going through bouts of anxiety, which is making me over think everything, talk so fast that my mouth can't keep up, making it harder for me to breath, etc. I went a seen my doctor yesterday, told her how I'm feeling, she checked me out, said everything looks and sounds good. I know from reading everyone goes through withdrawl differently, and yet sorta the same. I'm feeling paranoid and it's driving me and my wife nuts. I guess it all kinda boils down to I need to learn to cope without smokes. Thats how I coped for 30 years, picked up a smoke.. I sure hope all of this passes soon... cause soon can't come soon enough!