Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lilly

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lilly

  1. I haven't missed her point everyone, I just don't agree with it.
  2. I got rid of technology for a couple of weeks and now I barely use it. I went back to how life used to be and it's way better. I don't do everything on line which means I actually see the world around me. The people I speak to on a daily basis are real and not just names on the internet. Sorry if that offends you all but believe me a laugh is so much better when you hear it rather than just seeing an emoji and an LOL. I really believed it was just teenagers who sat with their face in their phone all day and night but I was just as bad. I think I started to neglect the real life people around me because I spent so much time typing posts on forums. Everyone should give up technology for a couple of weeks and reconnect with life. You have no idea how much you're missing.
  3. Lilly replied to Boo's topic in Off The Record
    Congratulations to you both. You're such a sweetheart how could she ever have said anything but yes ♥️♥️ x
  4. Potatoes have to be my favourite food but if I have to pick one then mash.
  5. Well done to you. That is something to be very proud of.
  6. Why are you angry? I thought we were supposed to be angry at tobacco companies so why you so angry at people that are just trying to help others quit? It might sound like BS to you but if it's helping someone else quit then surely that's a good thing. Millions of people quit smoking every day and they are doing it with that so called BS advice. It's great that you're however many months quit but don't knock what makes help others. Its all education - however it's put.
  7. I don't think anyone should be banning cigarettes anywhere. What did make me laugh the most about this is that cigars, chewing tobacco and .....wait for it....e-cigarettes won't be banned. The reason e-cigarettes won't be banned is because they are less harmful than cigarettes. Make your mind up America!!
  8. Come back soon Jane - your passion for quitting smoking is missed and needed x
  9. Happy New Year and congratulations on an amazing quit x
  10. Lilly replied to Stewie's topic in Socializing
    This is the second Goodbye so I'm sure we will see you soon ? Have a great New Year ♥️ x
  11. Nice to meet you Jack and congratulations on your quit ?
  12. I don't even know you right now ???
  13. Well done on getting through the first day ?
  14. I am going to eat a lot better than I do. I eat three healthy meals a day but in-between I eat a mountain of crap. I'm also terrible for eating a wonderful dinner and then late in the evening getting a take out. I don't really need to lose weight but I do need to start making the bits of my body you can't see healthier ie my heart and circulation etc. So maybe I will just do walking, skipping and about 20 minutes of a fitness DVD. I have NEVER exercised in my life so I have no choice but to take things slowly. Will do some You Tube searching to find ways to start this of.
  15. Can you come to an agreement where nobody smokes in the car unless it's a long journey? You're doing great with your quit - really happy for you.
  16. Lilly replied to Boo's topic in Socializing
    The mountains loss is our gain. Sorry it didn't go to plan but it's always nice to see your posts.
  17. I think sgt.barney might just be saying a pledge is not enough to stop someone from smoking. I'm pretty sure if you went back through every pledge thread from when this forum started you would find a lot of people who still relapsed. Everyone who gets married takes a pledge to be with that person forever but look at how many end up in divorce. I'm certainly not saying the pledge is useless because it clearly helps a lot of people. The truth is though that despite what tools we use none of them can stop us smoking. The only thing that stops us smoking is us. My humble opinion - don't let pledges, NRT, forums or anything else take any credit. The one thing actually keeping a quit is YOU.
  18. Happy belated birthday Doreen. Hope you had a lovely day xx
  19. Lilly replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Burn baby burn - disco inferno ?
  20. Kate I felt like you at the beginning of my quit. Every day I'd be like "man I would kill for a smoke now". I changed the way I thought and it really helped. When I thought about a cigarette I would say out loud "oh f**k off you f**king annoying b*****d. I don't have time for your s**t today." It took about two days for my brain to get the message but it really worked for me. I found that the more I tried to analyse why I had a crave and what triggered it the more the thoughts took over. I also bragged a lot on here for the first week. The 'well done you" posts really pushed me on. Run through the forum waving your pants in the air and tell everyone how great you are as you quit smoking ??
  21. I live with two smokers and I notice the smell but only if I make a conscious effort to. I was married to a non smoker and he never once mentioned the smell. I think ex smokers make a bigger deal out of it (or anything else to do with smoking) than non smokers do. You smelt like that for years and probably blew that smell in everyone's face every time you spoke lol ?
  22. Kate I love that you put yourself through this just to be kind. The world needs more people like you in it X x
  23. My relationship ended 11 years ago and I have only just found my own happiness this year. I don't know your circumstances but I didn't really appreciate my husband as I should have done. I loved him with all my heart and when he ended our marriage my whole world fell apart. I think the hardest part was knowing I brought it on myself. If I had just treated him with a bit more love and respect it would never have happened. I was so badly depressed I was given help and I learnt punishing myself by telling myself how horrible a person I was really wasn't helping me. I loved and I lost but my life went on hold with grief while his went on happily. These days my life is worth something again and I haven't felt so happy for years. Don't let life slip past you x
  24. You might get help if you tell people why you smoked. Please don't take this the wrong way but every time you relapse you don't want to be stopped. That is why you tell the forum after you do it. I have done it myself lots of times which is why I recognise it. It's a bit like people who are only sorry they were unfaithful because they got caught. I'm glad you've quit again ?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.