Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. I think that's a great plan
  2. Oh no @Doreensfree, my pulmonologist wanted me to do a Pulmonary function test but since it was at the hospital he decided against it. He doesn't want me anywhere near the hospital right now. Make sure you keep your hands away from any of your holes and wear your face mask!!!
  3. Hi John, the only problem with waiting until December is that the year will be over and the 2021 quitters will be coming in. I think for my 2016 Buttkickers we all decided on a name around June or July and any new members that joined we welcomed into the class of 2016 Buttkickers
  4. Our blood labs don't take appointments here @Doreensfree which was good until Covid shut a lot of them down. Now the two closest to me have hour long lines on any given day 😞 I need to get bloodwork done too in the next couple of weeks and it's a fasting test so I'm just hoping I pick a day that the line isn't too bad...
  5. Congratulations on seven years Paul and thank you for all the support you offer everyone. Glad you have a permanent reminder of Koko 😊
  6. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Fools fall fast
  7. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    It appears you have me mistaken
  8. I'm a twin so I share, do you share everything?
  9. jillar replied to Sazerac's topic in Games
    Anyone is acting strangely or
  10. It says cheese too What's the difference between trash and garbage?
  11. Do what works for you Linda, there is no one size fits all. The end goal is to never smoke again. That being said, I quit cold turkey but we have a lot of successful quitters who used NRT's.
  12. Thanks Jo for your post. I've been thinking the same thing lately. And I believe it was you who made the logo for our 2019 group the Ashkickers 😊 Another tool in our arsenal is the bond we form with our fellow quitters who are in the trenches with us. All for one and one for all 😊 So here's our class names as asked 😘 2014: the Avengers 2015 the Badashes 2016 the Buttkickers 2017 the Smokebusters 2018 the Ex-Cigutioners or The Resistance So 2020 what's your name?
  13. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Lots of candy
  14. Majority rules Do people really say pb&j or just yuppies?
  15. That was meant more of a joke Steven, just trying to give you a grin 😊
  16. It will pass Steven, the first month is the hardest of them all but it really does go by fast. Anxiety is normal and many of us have dealt with that. If the anxiety gets to be too much you can always give your Dr a call and tell him you've quit. A lot of times they can prescribe a temporary med to ease the anxiety. Or you can do like I did and have a beer or eat an edible lol. All of us here are proof of just how doable quitting is so no need to be nervous, we got your back
  17. Hey steve, just wanted to let you know I merged your two topics together since they were pretty much the same and moved them to the Introductions forum. How are you doing with your quit so far?
  18. Sometimes if something's really good I like to keep it all to myself, is that not cool?
  19. Don't you think locally owned and operated have better quality in general?
  20. Welcome aboard Steven and congrats on deciding to take back your life! You will find all the support you could want here as well as tips, clues and tons of information on our nicotine addiction. Please be sure to check out all our various forums. The pinned threads at the top of each one are where I'd start. I didn't find my first forum until three weeks after I had quit and I'm convinced that my success is due in large part because of the support I received and I hope you find that to be true as well. Also listen to your body and what it craves to start healing. If it wants sweets, eat a candy, if it's tired, sleep, etc. Quitting smoking is the best decision you could ever make for yourself and we are all proof of that. Stick close, post often and if you feel yourself caving to a crave be sure to go to our SOS forum and post. We will come running to help you past the crave
  21. I like down home cooking and of course steak houses, don't you?
  22. No work today? (I hate talking politics lol)
  23. Pretty much, I did miss this last one because I was just out of the hospital. How about you?
  24. No, I don't do you?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.