Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soozie

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Soozie

  1. it a huge NOPE from me
  2. Yeeeaaahhhhh LB so glad you are here with us x
  3. I woke up to this wonderful change and now I'm going to sleep safe in the knowledge that it will be wonderful tomorrow as well ... Thank you all and good night from me ... I'll be first up as usual and start Friday's nope !
  4. Hugs being sent all the way from Australia to you x0x0
  5. I had a quit last year that lasted 9 lovely months, in that time I started exercising and then after I'd been quit for about 4 months thought I would give running a go ... I was amazed at how well I did, it took me about 3 months to get up to a 10k run, I wasn't breaking any speed records but I was certainly breaking personal records. After my relapse the running fell by the wayside. This week I gave it another go and was amazed that I could still run over 4 k's comfortably. So I'm now going to run just that little bit further everytime until I get back up to the 10 k mark. I agree Bandito, go for it ... it makes you feel amazing :)
  6. Soozie replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    me to ... I tried to go back to a thread, that I'd already commented on and when I went back I got a message that said I needed a password ... how do we get one ?
  7. Hey Paul, lovely to see you here :)
  8. I think the fact that you survived man-flu is more impressive than quitting smoking ... my husband tells me that man only flu is the worst ever, my boys have also had it, so glad I'm not a man ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. me too Holski, I got a huge sense of relief when I quit ... one less thing in life to worry about !
  10. Hi Evelyn, so glad you have joined us. I relapsed a couple of weeks ago, I came back and everyone was fantastic and helped me again ! I'm now on day 8 and feel really good and dare I say it quietly confident :) I'm not an expert on this but if the patches were working for you why did you stop using them ? some of us use nrt, some use food, some use exercise, whatever works for you ... that's all that matters in the early days. You could start the April quit train :)
  11. Hi Jacqui ... greetings from Australia :) I don't believe there are different levels of addiction ... we are all addicted 100%, no matter whether we smoke 5 a day or 50 a day. No matter whether we have smoked for 5 years or 50 years. No matter whether we have a stressful life or an unstressful life. No matter whether we are sick or healthy. Rich or poor. We all have the same addiction. I used to be amazed that someone could quit for more than 9 months (that's my best so far) but now I'm not amazed because they are no different to me, so if they can do it so can I, and if I can do it then so can you ... Sue x
  12. woooohhhhh a 100... I won't be so stingy with mine from now on !
  13. there are heaps of advantages to being down under ... mmmmmmm but sadly a few disadvantages lol
  14. Hi Bassman ... great to see you here
  15. hi Holski, pleased to see you here
  16. gorgeous you are !
  17. thanks Barb, great post ...
  18. oh dear, been there done that ,,, maybe a new board and a new quit might work better for her
  19. We can all do this !
  20. Hi Melody ... lovely to see you here :)
  21. Hi Markus, great to see you here !
  22. Hi TAC so please to meet you :)
  23. oh no just realised I've done it again hahaha ... good job he loves me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. I confessed on the other board that I got so angry one night that I stabbed my husbands ciggies with a tooth pick and that I was tempted to put them in the deep fat fryer ... when I'd calmed down the next day I was so worried he might go on the board and read it, I did my best to delete everything not sure if it worked though ... !

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.