Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doreensfree

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Doreensfree

  1. Great post Katgirl...keep this positivity.... Enjoy your time with your Family ...I bet they are delighted Nana doesn't smell of smoke anymore 👍🐸
  2. Congratulations Abby .., Inspirational.....
  3. I still think if you can cut them in half ,it just may help ...try it and see Sweetie..
  4. Aw Gus .. After a 20 year break ,I can only imagine how things have changed in the work place .. So glad you kept your precious quit .... Regular gum is a good idea ...using nicotine gum is a step backwards... If you can remember our SOS ...there is always someone here to help you along ... Hoping tomorrow is a much better day .🐸
  5. Make sure your not taking too much ...you maybe overdosing on nicotine ... Maybe try half if you can split them .... I didn't use them ,so I'm only guessing ...but agree if you don't feel any better .....Doctor ....
  6. That's good news ...going in the right direction.... I had acupuncture in my ear once for a quit ( of course it never worked ) My ear never swelled up like a cauliflower.....🐸
  7. Hi K.... Just checking how your feet are doing ?.... Hope there is a improvement..🐸
  8. What the hell !!!!
  9. Doreensfree replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -8 Morning Quitters
  10. Lol You peeps crack me up ... I'm asking myself ....Do i really need to go to bed ...or shall I post all night ... The competition is too much ....
  11. Congratulations the big 0. 8 months already .....Well done ....that's something to dance about !!!
  12. Well...If we are talking violence.....I reckon I can join in ... I had a punching pillow at the start of my quit ....using a permanent marker,I drawn a face of a certain person Well I'm no artist ..more of a match stick man Whenever I got a bad urge ..I would punch that pillows hard as I could ... Sending it flying through the air ...boy ....did that make me feel good ...👍
  13. Doreensfree replied to Abby's topic in Off The Record
    We had a Staffie who was so frightened of any noise ...I had to cuddle him ....not easy ... I did laugh though ,when people crossed over the street rather than walk past him ....
  14. Doreensfree replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -8....
  15. Doreensfree replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7....Oh Look !!!!....another stick to slap ....lol...
  16. Doreensfree replied to Abby's topic in Off The Record
    I don't like Thunder ...I remember years ago ,our video recorder went off with a bang ... I ran and hid in a cupboard under the stairs ....frozen with fear ....scary stuff...
  17. Lol....Nearly right ....I'm the Banjo fanatic ...well would like to be ....my dad could play too... I've been trying to learn the yukelle...but it's slow... Boo used to sit me in his canoe ,when he went white water rafting ...I was quit happy to be there lol.... The rapids were the best ...I minded the sandwiches ... Your right about Boo and the racy jokes ...I've spit my coffee out ,many a time ... Welcome to the Party ...😀
  18. Yes ....first things first ....Quitting is your priority..... As I got further along ...my weight started to fall naturally....as I started to eat less.... We say Quitting is a journey ,putting down the cigs is the first part of that journey ... Try chewing regular gum ..sugar free....it kept my mouth busy ....
  19. Boo and I were on the same page ....we have had the journey of our lives ... When we look back at how much we wanted to kick this horrible habit ...we will have wonderful memories You make a friend forever ...age doesn't matter ... Quitting can be fun ...it's what you make of it ... It can be a long hard slog or it can be more pleasurable... It's down to you guys ,... Just jump in and join us ....there is always another seat at the bar ....👍😁🐸
  20. I feel like a kid ...I'm I there yet ???🤔
  21. Quitting doesn't have to be all doom and gloom ... A good laugh helps you through the bad times .... Being able to laugh at yourself .....and laugh with others .... I believe it helps ....
  22. Doreensfree replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  23. Congratulations on not smoking for 10 days .. In my 52 year smoking career ...I tried that many quits ,I couldn't even begin to count ... I must have tried every way known to Man ...and failed ... What made this Quit different ...A Massive Health Scare ...Joining these fine Peeps ... And going cold turkey...and perseverance... I listened to all the good advice ...things like it's all Temporary...it will get better .... They were right ... Having said this ..I believe all roads lead to Rome ....Just get yourself there ....🐸
  24. That's a great looking ticker Steven ....now ....Watch all the numbers grow .... I remember how proud I was when I first got mine ....I'm sure you will feel pretty much the same 🐸

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.