Everything posted by Rozuki
-
Confessions
Oh, @jillar, it starts out all nice and easy and then it all becomes so frustrating with these games!! I went through this with Candy Crush on Facebook!!! I will not even mention my years of playing Farmville!! I would set aside an hour a night to play....next thing you know.....it's midnight and I am still playing trying to get to next level cuz i am coming so close...lol. Played that for 2 years then just had to quit cold turkey....it was taking over my life!!! Now I just stick to my game of Solitaire (which of course has several variations (Crown, Pyramid, etc.) and yikes, they just added levels....I don't pay attention to that stuff! Yet! ?
-
Daily exercise log for everyone :)
Well, had my evaluation for the cardio rehab program today....all went well! Dr Lai was very nice and we went over the whole process from where the monitors are stored, how to put the sensors on and where they go (I will be monitored and have my blood pressure checked continuously while exercising), the equipment that I will be using...treadmill, stair stepper, bicycle and rowing machines...along with weights. On Friday, will be going over how to actually use this equipment and giving it all a test run so he can see what kind of shape I am in and figure out my benchmarks. He also explained that I will be learning how to train my muscle groups to maximize oxygen use which will lessen any strain on the heart and increase my endurance! I am so looking forward to getting started in this program!! Hope to make some new friends along the way! ?
-
1 to 20,000 in pictures
-
Tuesday 25th September 2018
-
Where are you?
@notsmokinjo - I wouldn't be able to even afford those areas!!! ?
- bakon celebrates SIX years of Freedom !
-
Monday 24th September 2018
NOPE
-
Where are you?
I live on lovely Long Island, New York....pretty much right smack in the middle. 15 minute drive to either the North Shore (Gold Coast mansions, horse farms, rolling hills), South Shore (Jones Beach, Robert Moses Beach, Long Beach) and an hour or so to go west to NYC and an hour or so to go east to the North Fork (Wine Country and Orient Point) or South Fork (the Hamptons and Montauk Point) depending on traffic - we are the home of the infamous Long Island Expressway (LIE) and the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) and Fire Island. I love it here....but once I retire will have to leave....it's too damn expensive!!
-
1 to 20,000 in pictures
- caffeine withdrawal
Hmmm...I have never had a cup of coffee, ever! Cigarettes and Coca-Cola were my addictions! About 30 years ago I started cutting down on the Coca-Cola....by switching to Diet Coke. Of course, I had to wean myself off the Coca-Cola because I couldn't stand the taste of Diet Coke....gradually I was able to stop drinking Coca-Cola at all. Then when menopause reared its ugly head i switched to Caffeine free Diet Coke! That took some getting used to.....it affected me physically....tired all the time and very cranky.....sleep disturbances...but it did help with the hot flashes and night sweats (they stopped six months after they started and never returned!). Now I am trying to get off the Diet Coke merry go round....as diet sodas wreak havoc with your body pretty much like nicotine does! I am substituting flavored seltzer and have found a brand that I actually like....something about the bubbles in this brand that I like and they make many different flavors... pomegranate my fave....although I am sure the "natural flavors" will probably be found harmful at some point in the future!- Sunday 23rd September 2018
NOPE- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- Help again
MLMR, the 1st day, 1st week, 1st month milestones were the hardest.....for me, at least! It was as if my brain wouldn't stop obsessing about placing a poison stick in my mouth and lighting it on fire!!!! Keep reminding yourself "one day at a time", meditate and use deep breathing to calm yourself down. It takes all our strength to get past those obsessive thoughts in the beginning of this journey ...but as the days add up those thoughts will become weaker and weaker. If you can... go for a 15 minute power walk, or take a shower, or take a nap, or brush your teeth....it will help!!- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- Celebrity crush...
a young Kurt Russell was my 1st crush...... even when he started getting scruffy hmmm...he might be getting a little long in the tooth for me now...lol- My Life, My Recovery is 1 month smoke free.
- KT1973 is 1 YEAR Smoke Free!
- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- Big Tobacco Indonesia
^^Me too, Doreen! Gah...I don't know how I was so stupid for 40+ years!!! Paying for it now....?- I need to know !!!!
- The Last 3 Letters Game
interesting long eyelashes- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- It's our Train Drivers Birthday Today !!!
- Friday 21st September 2018
NOPE oOPS...i DOUBLE NOPED today!- MwBenson is 1 month Smoke Free
- caffeine withdrawal
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.