Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lin-quitting

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lin-quitting

  1. Hi Barry. Glad to have you around again.
  2. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  3. I am grateful beyond words to have this place MQ. You are appreciated.
  4. I have had this exact thing happen to me off and on for the last several years. I feel slightly nauseous after any eating I do, and then it goes away after an hour or two. I've always attributed it to some sort of temporary gut imbalance. It always goes away after a week or two. We all know that rebalancing our bodies after quitting takes some weird tolls on us and can take some weird turns. It's impossible to say if your symptoms are just quit symptoms or maybe a bug you've picked up. I hope yours goes away and that you feel better soon.
  5. There ain't enough google in the 'verse to get me through that sentence.
  6. Hi Max. Congratulations on your decision to quit, and on the super 4+ month quit you have going on. This place is chock full of supportive people and information and education about the addiction. I know being here can help you make your quit a sticky one! Welcome aboard.
  7. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  8. Reci, I had to google a translation of your French. You will have to google Haiku.
  9. I love threads like this! Adorable babies all.
  10. March comes lion-like stay snugged in envisioning peaceful end of month
  11. Hi Andy. I'm glad that you found our new gathering place.
  12. Hi Gon. Glad you found us.
  13. I am so happy that we have this new place to celebrate our achievements. Congratulations on reaching 7 months of freedom Wee!
  14. I am so grateful for this new place of support Think they'll let us stay?
  15. Way to go Catlover, you are on your way now to your lifetime quit! Congratulations on reaching 1 month of freedom.
  16. I love being able to say FABulous work Fab! Two months is a tremendous achievement and I hope you are very proud of yourself today. Congratulations!
  17. Awesome and amazing and sensational Stzr! Wishing you some huge celebrating today. Congratulations!
  18. Good morning. I pledge NOPE today.
  19. That "member title" box just plumb escaped me! Too easy. Thanks Jillar! (jeesh, you've been here only how many hours and you're already making yourself indispensable?)
  20. Well, of course all we quitters have to learn to adjust.....to everything! But I disagree with the implication that losing an online group is trivial. As an online newbie-quitter I remember being absolutely devastated last May when the forum went down. I had no one IRL to appreciate my efforts, to cheerlead me, to understand what I was going through. I had no one to talk to, about my symptoms or my feelings, or anyone to give me tips or tricks that might help me. I cried with the loss, and rejoiced when it came back up. I have two friends IRL I've been trying to mentor and support with quits. Neither of them is interested in being part of this or any online support group - and I just don't understand how they can hope to succeed without it! (I'm joking of course - they seem to being doing fine - they are just different than me in what they need to support a quit.) For many people, an online support group is essential. I can say in total truthfulness that I would not be where I am today with quitting without my support group. And I hope to be able to pay at least a little of that forward to other new quitters who need a support group like this one.
  21. Default is obviously "member", or "advanced member", or "versed member" (whatever that may be). But many members have put their own words/motto there. Can't for the life of me figure out how. Can someone help?
  22. Doesn't it feel amazing Dave to have come this far?!!! Congratulations on reaching 11 months quit.
  23. Hi Jillar! You're late.
  24. Wow Jack, 7 months! I hope you celebrate this fantastic milestone today. Congratulations.
  25. Two months is amazing work Tyme, and something I hope you celebrate today! Congratulations.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.