Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

beacon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by beacon

  1. Back, chest, shoulders. Walk 2 miles
  2. I am at 14 months today. I will tell you how it feels now. I am relaxed. I do not want to smoke. I did not have a thought to smoke today. I am not suffering or missing anything. I do not look outside anymore where I used to smoke. I do not need to look for ways to distract myself. I do not feel like I am pretending anymore. If I think about smoking in the car, I chew a piece of gum. I did gain 25 lbs. from eating but I am on a diet.
  3. I would say at about six months. I think I still had desires in places like the car or when drinking. I have come to realize that a physical cigarette would not satisfy the thought. A real cigarette would make me feel dizzy and sick.
  4. I am happy I quit but I did not get to be the type of quitter who embraced the freedom right away and who finds the smell of smoke to be horrible and who never looked back. Instead I worked worked worked at it. I read like you to train my brain over over and over. I talked it out with friends and family. Slowly with time the missing the cig part ends. Some times still I think about smoking. But I do remind myself that I need to think about why I quit. I did so I would not get cancer or a heart attack or copd, etc. These are important reasons and they need to be in front of my mind to counteract the compulsion to have a cigarette.
  5. beacon replied to NeedforSpeedHM's topic in Socializing
    Congrats! :)
  6. beacon replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  7. beacon replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  8. Legs, arms, cardio, gossiping session with neighbors
  9. Wow, 27,000 cigarettes. Think about all of that smoke
  10. Jackie, I am sorry I missed this. Congratulations my friend on your two months
  11. Natalie, excellent! You are doing great! :) :) :)
  12. Jeffrey, I am so happy for you! For me three months was a milestone that I really cherished. Congratulations on your dedication and enjoy! :) i hope you are feeling good. :)
  13. Good job! Keep going! :) :) :)
  14. beacon replied to Gabby's topic in Socializing
    Gabby, I am sending some postive vibes your way.
  15. beacon replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3 where is my friend Bakon
  16. beacon replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    Oy vey my friend I am sorry. :(
  17. 1 pack a day. I think about 6 dollars per pack. I quit at about 6:00 pm
  18. beacon replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  19. Can one of you nice, helpful staff members make my Quit train ticker in pink and replace the one I have now?, I quit on 9/6/2013 :)
  20. beacon replied to ArmedNAruba's topic in Off The Record
    Thanks for sharing them! Fantastic :) I can't remember if I celebrated your one year? If not, congratulations! You have such a great family. I am sure they are so proud of you :)
  21. Good for you Sue! Today I slept in cuddly and warm and did not do any exercise

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.