Everything posted by beazel
-
Saturday 19th September 2026
nope
-
Lust4Life2016 is 10 years smoke free!
Congratulations Lust!!! Yikes...that went quick.😉
- Monday 13th July 2026
-
Issue on Recent CT Scan
Best wishes Reciprocity🙏
- Monday 29th June 2026
-
Woo Hoo!!! Lungs all clear!!
That's fantastic Nancy!
- Thursday 4th June 2026
-
Hello From The Grave 😊
This is so totally Jill. Rest well beautiful lady💔, you will never be forgotten.
- Thursday 28th May 2026
-
Let the Battle begin AGAIN !
Hi Stewbum - hope you remember me from QSMB? My grandson told me how proud of me he was when I quit, I cried. Your granddaughter is so young, she will never even remember that you ever smoked!! Isn't that cool? KTQ
-
REMEMBERING OUR JILLAR ❤️
A Haiku for you My silly and loving friend Your memory near You helped so many Always there for each of us With your bunny speed How you made me laugh Our late night games I treasure Always in my heart I reread emails Cannot believe you are gone Didn't say goodbye As you rest in peace You are still sending out love Love back to you Jill
- Wednesday 13th May 2026
- Friday 1st May 2026
-
Wednesday 29th April 2026
nope
-
All Aboard!
Hi Pilgrim - glad you are back. I, too, was a serial quitter, so I can definitely relate. My biggest suggestion is to come here and stay here. Everyone here understands exactly what you are going through. And everyone is so willing to pick you up when you are about to fall. I had folks stay with me on the SOS thread until I felt strong and confident. I was actually on a different message board that unfortunately crashed and burned and luckily the Quit Train welcomed me. So I can't go back and look at my old posts, but trust me, I was a mess! Posting helps, the good, the bad. and the ugly. My mantra was Smoking Is Not An Option...NO MATTER WHAT. It was a powerful tool for me. As was deep breathing. The strength is in you, keep pulling it up. KTQ (edit to say - your cat is beautiful!!!)
- Friday 20th March 2026
- Monday 16th March 2026
-
Beazel is 9 Years Quit Today!
Thank you to all my fabulous quitters! I am so proud of this accomplishment. The freedom feels so great, in the beginning, I couldn't grasp what people were talking about in regards to the freedom. But it is my favorite part now. Stay with it newbies....you can do it! Stay will this fantastic support group, some walk away too soon. KTQ
- Friday 6th march 2026
- Monday 2nd march 2026
-
Wednesday 28th January 2026
nope
-
When did you start smoking
I was 11, no deep reason for smoking. Both parents smoked, all my older siblings smoked. Totally accepted in those days. I eventually became a serial quitter, so I guess a desire to quit was there. Probably wanted a magic pill that doesn't exist. I did it all - from hypnosis to Chantix - to everything in between. Always waited for the Big Excuse to go back to smoking. That excuse always comes b/c life stinks sometimes. I finally did it with unwavering determination, an extremely supportive husband and a fabulous online support group. I'm happy, proud and pretty darn healthy for an old lady. I do lots of classes at the YMCA that I would have never been able to do if I smoked. I also walk a lot. I'm smart enough to know that a smoking related disease could still get me, but that doesn't take up any space in my mind. I will forever stay vigilant. N.O.P.E.
-
Wednesday 31st December 2025
nope
-
Tuesday 23rd December 2025
n.o.p.e.
-
Hey
Welcome to QuitTrain! You have come to the right place for endless support. Everyone here knows what you are going through in your journey to quit smoking. Although not easy, it's very doable. I can't put into words the feeling of freedom that you get putting an end to this addiction. If you haven't already started, please immerse yourself in reading and educating yourself. There is great information here and it's also a good distraction. Mindset is very important. I'm glad you've made your mind up! You will pull up strength from within that you never knew you had. I used this mantra - Smoking Is Not An Option...NO MATTER WHAT It's best to throw away your cigarettes, ashtrays, lighters, you don't need them anymore! Throw away the excuses while you are at it. There will always be an excuse, it's junkie thinking. That cigarette doesn't nothing for you!!! Get through one day at a time, don't look any further than that. (sometimes it's an hour or a minute at a time) Please post often. The good, the bad, and the ugly. We understand and it really helps. You can do it.