Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Sorry, it was sunny and I went to the beach to freeze my tits off in an english way :) This windowlicker has now done day 1 :) Photo tomoz as I'm ready to go out.
  2. 1sunday sleep 2 monday sleep 3 tuesday sleep 4 wednesday sleep Boom - 4 sleeps - can only work in ickle numbers haha. Need a brandy to cope with the counting...I'd have been rubbish on sesame street :)
  3. quit date 12th march, on thursday! ticker occasionally loses the plot!
  4. Jess, Steve will be willing you on, you know that, as are we of course. But hey, you are willing yourself on posting...just a thought hey, we have thoughts all the time ....it's actions that matter and you posted not smoked. Never mind wtf...I say wtg!! Way to go Jess, kick it down, not one puff ever...absolutely nailing this quit beauty. xx
  5. Ewww, bad thoughts... Not spanking, I'd deck em back lol. I saw strippers tonight...not that either, although I fully support the wiggle wiggle brigade...I more wanted to ask what workouts they did...and had a piccie with the drag queen lol. Come home at 2am and Mr grey is sparko...so I'm eating :)
  6. Aww Gabby, happiest of birthdays my lovely, hope you're being spoilt rotten and having a fantabulous day!! Love you lots my friend. xx
  7. I agree. I put my hands up too, I was "that" smoker. Outside the school gates getting my last puffs in...today walking past the caretaker, and my 9 year old says, I hate that smell from 10 feet away! It is a terrible smell and it absolutely ruins things. So i hear you, good points! Wow, that guy with the sign...some people hey!
  8. I'm still tryna work out how many sleeps it is.. every time I count it seems to be different lol. x
  9. I love this Beacon and wholly agree. It calms the fears to hear someone else has been where you are...it quietens the nicodemon to remember where you have come from - and so the unique partnerships circle of quitters is.
  10. Epic win Mason, really pleased for you. That would have been a great quit in tatters. Quite apart from how hard it is to quit again! Really proud of you Mason :) Did well. xx
  11. you know I'm walking around saying, you said butt...like the minions...I think the kids have finished me truth to tell!! 32 ish then...(industrial tape measure prolly not the one but as log as I measure the same way should be all good). Ava, stop messin, you're in right? Where's Frez, she loves a challenge surely? Sarge, Good job!! Blimey, suits you.
  12. Cool, will start on sat then to be in tandem with someone (already had a large wine tonight or would do day 1 now). Fine so 3 days, 1 rest day right?
  13. My darling dors, only 2 days!! So excited I may even purchase rum in your honour :)
  14. G'wan then. I can always fit a little more crazy in my life :) When we starting? Where is says 10s plank on day 1..does this mean 10 seconds of planking? Also from day 25 onwards, I need a "phone a friend" option if I can't get up again lol.
  15. Welcome :) I'm sorry you're feeling emotionally over whelmed. That can happen from time to time. My addition would be to make sure you see al the good stuff happening too though :) How deep is your deep breath now, your body is healing itself at a rapid rate, financially better off. Later come some superb benefits that you haven't seen yet but will, like belief in yourself, freedom from thinking about wanting to smoke. It's a genuine path. Spiritual...well now you're playing my tune!! :) Mind and body feel much more united after a time just being a non smoker, truly! Welcome and celebrate that you already have 4 beautiful smoke free months and are scheduled for lots of celebrations coming soon. x
  16. Was gonna say, it's cause we are all on the pimms darling...so no one cares haha. I CAN'T WAIT to get outand about again. Walks in the woods which are nicer when it's mild. Going to do some nature walks in nearby villages for the first time :) Can't wait to do a season in the garden without triggers this year too!! Last year spoilt it a little with keep attributing breaks to smoke breaks.
  17. 6 sleeps today peoples, less than a week... can you "adam and eve it"!!! :)
  18. It's less than a week. I really can't believe it if I'm honest. I remember seeing people reaching this stage and thinking, I won't congratulate them cause I don't even know what to say to such an achievement. If I'm totally straight, I never was sure I'd make it, I wanted the quit desperately but I couldn't equate me to being a non smoker. Now I can and I like that. I think that happened after the holiday triggers were faced down and reinforced after the christmas shopping triggers were faced down too. I bought a rug instead of thinking about smoking lol. I love the freedom now. I hear of peoples early struggles and really will them through it, I remember the whole thing quite vividly, although not the side effects. If someone says I'm not sleeping I kind of think, oh yeah, that was crappy and it reminds me. I am excited to celebrate. I had arranged to go to the dentist but I'm going to cancel it and do myself a lovely day of pampering here at home. The 15th is Mothers Day and Chris's birthday so I think we'll go out and celebrate on that day. Maybe I need to book somewhere! It's likely to be busy I guess. Anyway I'm still building my plans...
  19. Still winning replied to Sarah's topic in Off The Record
    First date on a full moon :) Have lots of fun and enjoy. x
  20. hey kitkat, how are you feeling today? x
  21. Sorry you're not feeling well Sandy, that is bad news. Sending healing. xx Great news about your x ray, we do hold our breath us ex smokers, I get that. So pleased that part of your mind is put to rest for now and you can concentrate on getting better without the nasty smoke fumes. It makes you wonder how we all smoked through so many illnesses doesn't it! good message for others too. x
  22. You can't see me but i am smiling the biggest smile for you right now!! This is a huge marker in time and i want to say many many congratulations!! i remember you wondering if you'd even made the right choice, if you were ok cause your symptoms and lack of symptoms didn't match others and was it ok. Your junkie was giving it some serious welly to drag you back in! But I love that we were able to talk it all through on the boards, secure your quit and enjoy our time with you. Much love and huge congratulations on 1 month smoke free!! And thank you for your wonderful timing, without even knowing it you helped me too and I am grateful to you. xx
  23. Fabulous jeff/paul :) 7 months is no mean feat, you are doing AMAZING!! massive congrats on your journey so far and look forward to celebrating more landmarks! xx

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.