Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Poor chap but finding the balance is always so tricky and constant pain wouldn't be any fun either. Cancer does indeed suck my friend. Thinking of you all. x
  2. I think they are a bit mean Tracey, getting you all worried and having to tidy up, only to pay no attention! Rude actually ;) Re the other conversation, I do waxing and am getting braver with distance travelled, although "not that close". The thing I find odd is how you try and have a normal conversation, is it just me? Like how was your christmas *wince*, oh fabulous thanks *wince* I had family, how about *wince* you? I just wish they'd put some music on! I have also tried the self wax strips after a bottle of wine, which is less painful (because you're drunk) but results are suspicious and patchy lol.
  3. Hoping for the better news on the rest of the result buddy. It just plain sucks what this can do to us. Thinking of you my friend. xx
  4. Hiya, I had to deal with smokers in the house when I first quit and thanks to some solid advice, I used it to my advantage and you can too. Manage your booze, it lowers inhibitions when you drink so no getting drunk as a skunk. Then just watch them! What you imagine changes incredibly quickly when you watch. They breath it in and just wait for the catch, when they sound like they are about to lose a lung. Or when they laugh and end up in a coughing fit! Quite apart from most being envious of you in a way but still rooted in the denial that you were strong enough to see. You will know if you're paying attention Nat because you will feel sorry for them. Also trust yourself. You don't want to smoke - you always have the choice, really believe in yourself and know that "this too will pass" if yu do have a moment. x
  5. Really sorry to read this Chrispy. Please keep me updated and I'm sending healing for all of you. Hope it touches a nerve with someone who reads. It's harder to be a smoker then it is to not be. x
  6. Hi and welcome. x
  7. Oh to add, ONLY works if you put a coating over the instep part of your foot...toes and heels do nothing, too light a coating and it doesn't work either. x
  8. Been using this technique with both children for 3 years successfully, I used it once when I was desperate (grim but worked), I prefer to shower with sprigs of eucalyptus before bed. Sounds like utter nonsense but really works!
  9. A thick coating over the instep part of your foot and covered with a cotton sock (must be cotton to be breathable) and it's like magic on helping ease the overnight coughs. x
  10. So sorry about your potsie. Have you tried Vicks on the soles of your feet with cotton socks over it? Do you get vicks there? x
  11. Hey Ria, pleased you're back in the saddle :) x
  12. Awww lovin you are all getting together! great pics, thank you for my cute baby fix :)
  13. congrats Scott. x
  14. Very sensible to build up and have rest days. Incredibly easy to think you should stick to it and it results in injury very often. At worst every other day to start maybe and start to build muscle and reserves up. x
  15. I saw 45 minutes before the lamp exploded at my local cinema and we all had to go home lol. Can you adam and eve it! (Believe it as the translation). A bulb in 2015 - hoping to go soon!
  16. A new year means a number of friends and family attempt the quit. I am delighted for them, acknowledgement that you want to break free is a really powerful moment and I wholly support that! My mother has gone on the champix today, after quitting/relapsing for 3 years and actually, the story finally sounds familiar to mine where she is sick of being sick and trying to quit, a real "last chance saloon quit". Two others have gone for patches which didn't work for me but have worked for others. I keep everything crossed for them all but I know that they get to choose! This is the bit they don't wholly understand yet and it's tricky to explain to someone who is committed to believing they are "more addicted" or "smoked too long for it too matter" or "is too stressed". All nonsense that we tell ourselves so we can make the choice to continue to smoke. Because believe it or not, if you make the choice NOT to smoke, no matter what, then that is exactly what happens. You get to reinforce that choice a few times but it's thoughts, not physical, smoking is literally damaging you physically - quitting is the opposite! But it's the questions of when will I feel better and how long do you crave for or my personal favourite of so and so quit 5 years ago and still says she could smoke in a heartbeat...... (I would suggest "so and so" is abstaining, not quitting, very different!) Everyone is different is not the answer they look for. Although you may have triggers after 72 hours it is just a thought and you can fight that with an informed and healthier thought. Are you ready for massive excitement at your impending feeling of freedom - meets with derisive snorts. Understand you are a nicotine addict because knowledge is power, I see their eyes glaze over! The other one that just confuses them despite the truth of it - you will feel better straight away because you take your power back! When will you feel better.... You are a non smoker from the moment you choose not to smoke another. THAT will make you feel better! The rest is a journey of self discovery that will set you up for a myriad of life situations where you will feel more empowered because hey - you kicked smokings a*s! In the meantime, find support! For all those newly quit and thinking of quitting...it really is the best thing I ever did, straight up, hands down. Healthwise and financially of course. More than that though is the self belief and inner strength that having the "strength of character" to face the quit head on gives you. I wish everyone better health and happiness on their journey :)
  17. Very tough times my friend. Late to the thread I know but I wanted to commend you on following it through. Hope it brings some peace of mind that they will have to make improvements now. xx
  18. Loving the updated pics Action. x
  19. Where we at with the numbers to spring...losing the will and aquired the damp...and not in a good way either :( Never stops raining!
  20. I worry sometimes.... I have no clue? At least you're a happy chappy? x
  21. Despite the people in my line of work telling me not too I quite like a painkiller for the kids or I if there's any pain. I obviously try natural and reiki healing first. However a women I met recently has bundles of success with poultices and I do like the sound of it so found a page on line (shared below) that gave me the basics. Going to prepare some bits and pieces to have handy now the Christmas food is out of the fridge and freezer! I swear by herbal elderberry remedies for colds and flus so no harm trying is there. http://whisperingearth.co.uk/2011/08/23/how-to-make-poultices-and-compresses/
  22. Great job my lovely! be careful of that alcohol and parties for now chick, it's not forever as "this too shall pass" was a helpful motto - just lowers your inhibitions and therefore the rational side of your brain. xx
  23. I do a lot of HIIT training and that looks like a good little workout, tough moves but short term so you kinda make it. One note though, I don't think he stretches enough at the end. For your own lack of pains, I would add a chest and back stretch and a tricep and bicep stretch at the end. Women are weaker up top by nature so often guy trainers don't think of it. Good on you! Good luck :) x

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.