Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Crazy thoughts, pleased you kicked them back. x
  2. Tracey, Just thinking have you used crystals at all, I used moonstone before removal and I often found it helped ease pains and symptoms in conjunction with usual painkillers. x
  3. I* sat in a pub garden yesterday for the first time since my quit. I sat with smokers and every time they lit up, I had one brief second of thinking ahhhh. Then I would instantaneously force my brain to add all of the god awful parts of smoking, and smile, and sip my malibu. I got tipsy but smoking is no longer an option for me. So I understand what you're saying, on the whole no not at all to wanting to smoke. Really occasionally an ahh moment comes in but it's easy to dismiss now. x
  4. Brilliant news Sarah. It's great you can enjoy your social life without overthinking the smokers. Lol at the curry, you will have to experiment with different types. It's crazy the taste bud change!! Agree with you on that. x
  5. That's lovely of you to say. I know we all do our very best to help people on this board. The community kept me strong. If I can pay that forward as well as others then that's what it's about :) xx
  6. Hi Sharon, My kids aren't there yet but I did as a child. Having a journal to write in helped. As an adult I found a number of coping techniques but some quiet time and meditation (included I would think with the deep breathing you're already doing) would really be a help. As silly as it sounds don't under-estimate the power of nature, a walk by water (canal, lake, beach etc) is really calming to an over-active mind. Also forrest walks really help me. Also as silly as it sounds I use crystals for myself and both my 4 and 8 year old. When both my kids get stressy feeling they pick up their tumblestone of amethyst and move it around their hand until they calm down. Sometimes you can feel it coming. All that aside I'm very sorry for Lucy and you that she is suffering. xx
  7. Pleased you are more positive and pleased we can share your journey. What was your final quit date so we can celebrate your milestones with you too?
  8. I really respect the free style you have committed too :good3:
  9. Roses are red, violets are blue, quitting smokings the best you can do. You might get wired and might get cranky but to carry on smoking is really w... bad for you. xx
  10. I'm a little possesive in my description, my quit buddies board.
  11. Jackie this makes me really smile :) It's not wittering woman, lol, it's commiting it to paper (computer). Writing something makes it more powerful than just thinking it. So pleased we share the journey. Feel better soon my friend. x
  12. Oh Laura, it's pretty harsh at times but if you let it be and give yourself purpose (treats/refer to a why you want to quit list) it's also empowering too. I am guessing you are just letting yourself feel the bad sides without letting yourself get excited at the potential freedom that's coming. I am all for embrace the suck and one foot in front of the other, day by day and etc etc. But you also need something as an end goal or end game that you can get excited about - like the treats. xx PS I was told and never listened cause I'm a bit unfit and anti exercise, when you do something physical the craves diminish...wish I had of listened, that was true!
  13. I was just chatting and remembering in the early days how I held on. There were mutiple things but one of the major ones was treats!! With the money I saved I lined up small treats and some bigger. Takeaway burger day 2, random "I don't smoke so I'll buy that" treats through to passport purchases end of month one to enable a family holiday with future savings. What were your early treats, do you remember?? Asking as we have a number of people early quits right now and it may help to give them ideas what they could do with their non smoke savings :) xx
  14. I have quit now some amount over 7 weeks, how funny, I no longer really remember, I just know it's that long as I had to count a while ago to post a question. I like this board and it's support so I will continue to use it and pay it forwards too but I think somehow I subbed smoking for posting? Bit more balance required is all i think. I have added exercise this week and must admit it feels quite good. Wish I had of listened and done this earlier. You don't crave at all when you are actually exercising and the weight would be easier to deal with. Weight not to painful, of course I hoped not to gain but did. Started my quit just under 10st, went up to 10st 11lbs, now already back to 10st 5lbs with some more controlled eating over the last 3 odd weeks and now exercise too. Next week I add my passion of working with people back in, my intention work. Also going to book a couple of courses to make my ability to get insurance easier. Also feel this weekend I should sit down and do some writing for my bewitching site on f book, thinking about writing up moon phase planting if there's any interest. Still feel good, still have thoughts that are on a loop at times and totally silent other times - regardless, this whole week just feels sooo much calmer overall. I feel better.
  15. I have done half hour of arms and legs works outs, 3rd exercises of the week!! (Yes I'm doing a victory dance here).
  16. Action, think of the cleaning you're saving yourself, hate cleaning toilets! Wish list for a beautiful new dress for the wedding I'm going to at the end of this month :)
  17. Found Kisstory (music, dance classics) on the tv radio channels!! Dancing like a loon all alone! Boom!!
  18. 11 monthsis brilliant, massive congrats Colleen!! Way to keep the quit and inspire others too as well. xx
  19. Ok, because I love you and you've been good to me, let me answer you. You have kids right. I look at my Mum, my smoking Mum and think wow you selfish bi*ch, you have COPD and you continue to smoke. All your kids smoked and you continued to smoke, what a really utterly awful example! I mean totally, reprehensible parent! I had to give up all my life plans to look after you, will you quit then,no cause "it's really hard"?? That is what I think of my Mum in honesty. Don't even get me started on what I think of myself and the example I have copied to my own children. When is "enough" Soozie? You messaged and asked me how I was, that's how I am every day and it's not even my choice. You owe your family and these friends this example. You are strong enough, you always were. There is always time for an SOS, there is time to save yourself from what I see day in day out. Why would you not think you are worth saving. I truly care about your quit, you need to really care too. xx
  20. I'm sorry to read this. I have enjoyed your writing, always. However, each of us must live the life we've chosen and if your path is away after 6 years, then I will consider myself lucky to have read your wisdom before you go. Enjoy your life Markus, genuinely best wishes for your future and fingers crossed for your wife finding your strength one day soon. x
  21. Really pleased to hear a happy medical story for you. Big relief I'm sure. Excellent effort

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.