Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. sounds fun. wish i was there lol. hope you've had a good day. x
  2. I always like to read the stories. I don't know, when I feel restless it makes something stick in my head to know other reasons to quit. Some resonate, some don't but all have a real strength about them and that's what I take. I am all good, but restless, I will be fine because I have put in place measures to secure that but these are the times when my levels drop. I'm not on guard so much, so this is me reminding myself to stay on guard I guess. Thank you for your support. x
  3. Hope the weekend gives you a break Trsih, but the only way is through it. I think the higher we hold our heads the easier we make it through the majority of it. Wish you luck hosepipe fixing too, that sounds like a pain in the butt. x
  4. Awww that's amazing :) xx
  5. Some of us Trish (*cough* includes me) learn from relapses! I would not have this quit, if I hadn't failed other quits. I stood one day and said I can't do this again - you can do that too! No matter what we hang on this time because we are just damn right tired of quitting. And we educate and yada yada :) Congrats on day 5. x
  6. For those who know I'm a single mum now with shared access. Every other weekend the kids Dad take them. He's a good dad and a good man, this I know. BUT, being without my little reasons for being is a trigger for me, I have learnt this from weekends gone by because wow, I'm two months quit now and very happy about it. Still,before at this time, I could smoke in my house. My mama is upping her smoking intake in the house - this means it's time to post. Give me your very bestest quit reasons or the push over the edge that forced you into quitting. Experience helps and saves the SOS board if my partner comes home and is not the best chris he could be lol. Pizza en route and early night planned but help greatfully recieved! For me, I got an infection that meant I struggled to breath properly for a couple of days. It was just hard work and exhausting. I had "tried" to quit so many times since last July it was becoming laughable. I didn't even tell anyone when I tried anymore. I did a healing course, i got the illness and wondered why I couldn't self heal...then considered this. My nana died of emphysema. My uncle (loved like a dad but do have a live somewhat clueless/useless dad) died of lung cancer. My mum Copd and I am now a registered carer for her, my life is on hold and she still smokes (although less) and something went - CLICK! I took champix, it made me bat shi...., well pretty nuts, I still took it and quit, I called it "my last chance" but really I meant jeez, I do not have another quit in me. My first post said everyone still smokes so I will find it hard - first response sarge - saying so what!! haha. So what indeed but I am more needy then him so share ya stories for an english chick who could use some firming up and support for the weekend. xx
  7. I have to go shopping tomorrow as my man think's buying me a dress is a great thing. He's doing the whole "i am god" thing, I feel like frikkin barbie and I'm not even sure I'm a real woman as I hate shopping. I will be brave and smile, they will never know!
  8. Finally feeling better so started Jillians shred!! Will give it a coupleof days before I add other stuff to it and see how I cope. Feeling agro that two weeks exercise meant no pain at all, was clearly fitter then I thought and worked out 4 times week 1, 5 times week 2 before illness. So keen to see what the hype is about as dvd arrived monday when I was sick! I'm as excited as a fat kid in a sweet shop!!!
  9. When I exercise, after about 5 mins, every extend has the inside of my elbow clicking. Doesn't do it in normal tasks, doesn't do it straight away but after a while it does. No pain, aware of a minor pull and a click noise. For the duration of whatever I'm doing (combat/yoga/pilates/shred thing/toning/weights) it clicks and I have to modify everything. Have taken a week off exercise due to illness. Restarted today and the click started after 5 mins again, so a rest made no difference. Any ideas? I have carpal tunnel in the same arms hand, could it be linked? The tunnel is not too bad as I've not long had a steroid injection (bout 3 months ago I think).
  10. Still winning replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    Evelyn have you tried wraps or pitta bread?? I do bread at weekends and poncy stuff in the week..crackers/pitta/wraps etc. At 2 weeks I was still eating like a trojan though, I say eat and be merry!! Put on 11lbs, diet for 3 weeks and already lost 3lbs for not doing a lot so far really. I think until 1 month, do what makes you happy and hi five yourself repeatedly for not smoking!! xx
  11. Still winning commented on jimmy's blog entry in jimmy's Blog
    It sometimes feel overwhelming (in the best way) that effective strangers are rooting for you - probably more so than normal folks. You're good people Jimmy, the folks here saw that. Dry the tears my lovely and get back to making the difference you do. xx
  12. ..and I finally beat her to posting a thread :ph34r: speedy! I know we've just done 4 weeks, but one month is a big deal!! To truck through all the life changes you have keeping your head and quit about you is amazing work. It's been a pleasure to watch and join your journey so thank you and Massive congrats to you!! :victory: :dance3: xx
  13. The sun is shining and I'm ******* marvellously happy, it has to go here as I'm more then just happy. Thought I'd share the cursing love :) x
  14. Big congrats jackie, so pleased to say you did AMAZING on this 4 month celebration. Some people do it easy peasy, some of us just trundle through a little slower but for sure you are always there, helping, paying it forwards and we are right behind supporting you right back! Big up Jackie66 :) xx
  15. wye, fab news honey and congrats on your 4 months!! Dentists everywhere are quaking at the lack of revenue :) xx
  16. Wonderful news Melody, congrats on your 6 months and changing your lifestyle too!! xx
  17. massive congrats on 6 months. x
  18. nope for me too
  19. Still winning replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    Evelyn, Can you look at low fat alternatives? I couldn't lol, but you might do better then me :) Sue, that's not right and it takes so much out of them. Do you feel you're getting anywhere now? Do you have school govenors, speak to them. I also found threatening to contact child protection services at the local council helped Milly's last school self motivate! But then I'm that trojan mother yelling in reception and making sure I embarass them. I also threatened to go to the local papers too! It still took months to resolve and these last straws really helped motivate lax teaching and head teaching staff. My advice, threaten everything and camp out in the headteachers office until they come up with a suitable resolution!! Ensure you take younger siblings and let them touch everything too!! Hugs to you both. xx
  20. So many things. The biggest is spending proper time with the children. I'd often leave them mid puzzle or mid game once I'd got them started, so I could go and smoke and come back (now I know smelling real bad) and carry on like that was ok!! I make a habit of spending a large portion of one on one time with each child without ever getting the craving. I like that. I wasn't the embarrassed smoker though, I was the god given right smoker!! Fresh air outside and you look at me, I'm bitching about it's outside. need to stop having fun (4 times my kids had to stop at a theme park so I could go to smokers corner) and that was ok to take some time for me. Duh!! So I do wonder at you guys when you say you felt bad for smoking...I simply never did. x
  21. Hi again Gabby, so pleased you could introduce yourself, sounds like you've been busy of late. I think in previous quits I've missed the addiction connection, in honesty it didn't sit well considering I was an addict of anything and my ability to seperate possible effects of smoking, from me smoking a cig - were superb!! I am over those hangups now. I read here in the pinned section. I read absolute horror stories and recovery stories on whyquit.com (highly recommend). On the strength of these guys I also bought the allen carr give up smoking book, but my mind was already set from acknowledgement and acceptance that it was always going to be a problem to me and the only real answer was not again, then these guys said NOPE (not one puff ever). I could work with that! The one rule is don't put something in your mouth and set it on fire :) Those absolutely resonated with me, hope they help you. Reading and educating ourselves may have saved a ton of quits too. Learn how the sos board works and think about writing your own pre response when you are on a good day. That way instead of think whatever, and smoking, perhaps we can talk you down :) Sorry rambling again :) Will shut up for a while. xx
  22. Still winning replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    Aww sue, ((your beautiful child)) not being protected and looked after properly. Go create merry hell!! xx
  23. :( Gutted. I really wanted his fitness to pick up so he felt proud of himself. Maybe someday soon I hope. x
  24. Hey Lucy, what's your quit date honey? So we can celebrate the milestones with you? x
  25. Still winning posted a blog entry in Marti's Blog
    Normally in my dream I say no to smoking. Last night I didn't see me smoke it but I put one smoked all the way through out in an ashtray for my sister to say at that point, hey I thought you gave up. I looked at her and looked at the fag butt and started crying as I hadn't meant to smoke.... woke myself up actually crying. Our brains are crazy things and I did calm when I realized it wasn't real. Intense way of reminding myself I do not want to be a smoker and relapse would devastate me. I wonder if this is why we have these dreams as our subconscious way of saying - hey, you don't want to do that. Food for thought.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.