Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Massive congrats on 4. xx
  2. What happens to the 19 year old that are currently addicted? I wondered this when they raised Englands age limit too (from 16 to 18). There are a few years of addicts that they legally created who are now no longer able to legally purchase a product they inadvertantly got addicted to?! Sloping shoulders....
  3. I think we run scared of being alone, and sometimes our "friends" can't see what to say. I think it's ok to have some time to re group and to call those friends saying "hey, where you at"? Too many people say nothing at all for fear of saying the wrong things. xx
  4. none for that nope!
  5. whats appenin here? Bring the white coats back peoples, the natives are restless!
  6. No romancing there then....
  7. Oh for fcuks sake...why is my 6 year old wandering around singing the "little boobies" song - which only consists of the actual words "little boobies" publicly may I add, in front of actual other humans, because she is wearing a crop/bra top. Beam me the fcuk up scotty!
  8. My swearing has amused the board for sometime. Stick around I am enlightening in many ways apparently and have no problem making people smile. My situation is shitty but far better then it was and swearing is my very unladylike and unspiritual way of release :) May I also suggest adding sucks donkey dick (when something sucks big style) to add to the educational tools.
  9. Always teaching new things :) The rest, meh, beyond fcuking time, just wishing a year or so away for once. x
  10. I was just commenting about having more time since we all quit smoking and it got me to thinking. Did anyone take up any new hobbies or projects? My quit journey started in earnest after taking a healing course (Reiki 1) and thanks to the extra time and money by next month I will be qualified to teach. I also took an Indian Head Massage qualification and have studied loads and loads of things. I have more time to write now so I have a group page on facebook where I do write ups about how the planetry energy will affect us and how best to use that. Weirdly my house is much cleaner now I don't stop at the end of each and every job to smoke haha, I can't believe I used to do that as a congratulatory thing, sounds weird now. So what did you do with all your extra time?
  11. You will find wonderful things to do with your time, I have no doubt. A day in nature sounds like the prefect antidote to spare time, it always wipes time away :) One day you'll be whining to someone in a general conversation about how little time you have and you'll stop and smile for a second because you will remember you have more then you've ever had :) I totally relate to wanting to get out and do stuff versus the smoker who wants to just be in a safe place to enable smoking. Trust this journey even if it wobbles from time to time. You are doing perfectly and you will soon have a very full and happier life. xx
  12. I hate the fcuking not knowing, will she be vindictive, turn up screaming, something different... will she or won't she go batshit crazy at the no contact decision... so fcuking tired but can't sleep waiting for the next move, I'm done but there's always a next move, that's how emotional abuse works... I just want her to make her move so I can see it done and move on. Then I can move on to dealing with the other dickwads. It's like some crazy ass twunt collection I seem to have amassed, what the actual fcuk is wrong with people...do I fuckin drive them to turning into a wankstain? Get real or fcuk off is my thing right now. Done dealing with all this shit, just want people in my life who like and respect me.
  13. Awwww, makes you smile to see. Precious times. x
  14. Hmm two thoughts to share with you. The energy around (and therefore part of all choices you and others make) is very pushy and forthright right now. People are being overly bold and daring, so I think maybe she suspects it might wind you up. The 2nd thought is this and how I deal with boundaries and feelings, ask yourself - will it matter in two years? If in two years this thing will be important then you have a duty to yourself to correct it, for peace of mind. If it won't matter in two years then move on. My other advice is to sleep on it but you've clearly already done that. Dunno if that helps but just in case it does, I shared. Hugs to you, it can be quite uncomfortable for some to say what they need to for fear of upsetting people. But in future perhaps think on it as being respectful and true to the friendship or aquaintence - after all, we all like to know where we stand. Maybe that will help you see it not as hurting someones feelings but respecting each others. xx
  15. You geek away! You expect to just be a non smoker. The reality is you gain a ton of insight which will support you throughout life. Not in the woe is me way we suspect of quitting - but it's almost like our minds have time to process things differently. Actually having lots more time available means you have time to try new things too :) So geek away, love it! x
  16. Living in the moment, and here too :)
  17. Exactly that. Nope, just for today. xx
  18. I love this! Totally spot on. You can change so many aspects of your life (including reinforcing being a happier non smoker) in the morning. Upon waking to be think of how thankful you are, even if it's just one thing. Just doing this one thing can seriously transform your day and eventually it becomes habit and you can lift your moods very naturally to face each day with a positive mindset. x
  19. Well done staying strong in every sense of the word. xx
  20. Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm happier that somehow it helped you to connect some dots. I always believed that was the power of a quit forum, you can take a little bit from everyone and simply leave what doesn't work for you. Some things can be real deal breakers for relapsing and I'm pleased these guys could share them. By choosing nope, sometimes in a dance fueled craze lol, and realizing I was simply addicted to nicotine I stopped giving myself the choice to relapse. Being a non smoker is easier, you just don't put anything in your mouth and set it on fire :) Welcome. My advice is keep reading, keep posting. xx
  21. Welcome. How you feeling? Hope all is good for you. I just wanted to explain something I learnt here. Stress causes all the nicotine to drain from your system (I imagine a blood thing but am not a scientist lol). So in essence, you instantly crave nicotine, you smoke and that craving is eased. When you are a non smoker, that physical craving does not happen! Because all the nicotine is already gone. To start, you might "think" I want to smoke because it was your habit, but the physical push to do so is gone. In time, the thought of "oh I would have smoked under these conditions" has gone too. Meaning non smokers, actually seem to handle stress MUCH BETTER then smokers. I mention this as it really got on my nerves that I'd told myself for years that smoking "eased my stress levels" and truly believed it when in reality, I am far calmer as a non smoker anyway as those peaks and troughs of nicotine in and out simply don't happen. x
  22. Happy to see you, nothing major to add except to agree. The before was also far worse for me, quitting was easier then all the epic planning to quit. Not smoking was quite straightforward in comparison and some days felt easy, some I had more thoughts bt the board and people talked me through things and it helped it to make sense for me. It's really great to post a lot. xx
  23. I want to add that once you understand that one means many - a great battle is won. It's the understanding that stops us picking up another cigarette and I feel that you've got a fair point and understanding. Massive congrats on 5 days free and happy to see you here offering and receiving support. x
  24. BIRTHDAY :yahoo: :clapping: :party2: :party: :drinks: Through all the crazy (man that's some epic crazy, much kudos to you) he is always there to tell you that you're behaving like a proper numpty and to get your head out your proverbial. Blunt, to the point where I feel the dictionary might need a newer "blunter" word for it but with a heart of gold and passion for supporting others. Happy birth day my wonderful friend. May your next year bring you happiness and love in abundance...and maybe a few motorbike rides. Much love, from the Anti Egg mwah! :air_kiss:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.