Everything posted by Reciprocity
-
Stress, the Holidays, and Your Quit
During my first year quitting I quickly learned there were times where I would be triggered to smoke. As you mentioned, holiday gatherings were certainly one of them but even simple things like racking the leaves in the fall or the first lawn cut in the springtime were all trigger times for me. Learning to anticipate those times was key to being prepared to avaoid the trap of caving to the urge to light up. I also found that once I'd been through one of those trigger events, the next time the same thing rolled around, I no longer felt triggered because I'd already dealt with that once before. The times that almost made me cave were those unexpected moments of stress to something that happened that was not expected or within your control! Those were tough for me.
-
Thursday 28th November 2024
-
Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
Yum ... Turkey and all the trimmings - I'm jealous😋 Enjoy your meal & time with family & friend!! (Oh; and the left overs - drool!)- QuittingGirl is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!
They do disappear, or at least get less & less frequent and weaker each time after the passage of more time 😀- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Wednesday 27th November 2024
- QuittingGirl is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!
I can remember reading a couple of your posts, back in your early days, when it sounded like you were teetering onthe edge of throwing in the towel. We all have those moments but what separates quitters from those who don't quit is that quitters find a way to fight through those moments and stay quit. You proved to all, including yourself, that you COULD do it! That's something to look back on with pride and satisfaction 🙂- chicks or sticks
- Hello from Colorado
Welcome to Quit Train @Penguin! I've been quit for a few years now and early on in my quit the smell of someone smoking was aluring to me. Made me want to light one up but now ... I find the smell really offputting; disgusting actually so I suppose your reaction to people smoking may change as time goes on as well? Where I live, smoking is very restricted. Basically you can't smoke anywhere other than outdoors as long as you're not on property owned by organizations that ban smoking on their property. No smoking at sports fields or outdoor playgrounds etc. All this legislated by municipalities & eventually by the Provincial Government. How you get there is the question I suppose. Government legislation usually comes from public pressure at both the local & State/Provincial levels. Petitions, using social medial and lobbying whatever politicians you can makes a difference. Encouraging others to join you is key! Good wishes to you in continuing the fight!!- Waddling Ever Onward - Penguin's Celebrations
You've done well to achieve 13 months quit @Penguin! You've landed in a great place as well coming to this site. We're all quitters here so have been through similar trials & tribulations as you have and we're all committed to supporting each other in staying quit for life. Welcome aboard!!- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- Tuesday 26th November 2024
Nope!- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- QuittingGirl is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!
I never stopped my normal drink routine all the way through my quit. Drinking was no more of a trigger to smoke than many other things for me and having a couple of drinks never weakened my resolve to stay quit so for me, drinking was not a major issue in quitting the smokes.- chicks or sticks
- Monday 25th November 2024
- QuittingGirl is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!
Those occasional, fleeting thoughts of having a smoke are just that ... fleeting memories of your past smoker's life. They will become even more occasional in future. I can't remember when I had my last serious thought about it being nice to light up a smoke. The whole smoking lifestyle just seems so ridiculous to me now. Hard to bekieve I wasted that much of my life attached to those things 🤔- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Happy Thanksgiving!
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.