Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    That was a "Bakon" move Joe 5
  2. Reciprocity replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    This time of year, especially with the winter we've had this year, we all deserve to have a little party and over indulge for at least one evening
  3. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  4. Reciprocity replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    We don't get to see the commercials up here because they substitute them for good ol Canadian content - lol. It's a huge bone of contention here every year. Even the US cable feeds sub the crappy Canadian content commercials so we miss out on all that. I suppose I could figure out a way to stream it through my computer and connect that to the TV monitor if I were more industrious I'm going to be slow cooking some back-ribs and "special recipe" baked beans. The ribs were prepared and have been soaking in marinade for the last day and a half. Haven't had a good Rib feast in awhile so looking forward to that
  5. If I lived in an igloo, my heating costs would be way cheaper so that may be worth considering
  6. You're doing great! Stay close to this place now as much as every M5. Ask questions, read and learn about each phase of the quit you're going through. I found that really helped me
  7. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  8. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    6
  9. We hit -48 windchill one night back around New Years Eve but the regular temps without wind have been in the -20 to -30 range as daily lows. The high temps anywhere from -12 to -23. It did get up to around freezing a couple of days and one day it was almost hot - just for a day. It can fluctuate by 30 degrees or more in a 12 hour span at times which in itself if fukced!! These temps are in celcius though not Fahrenheit. There some ridiculously cold point where those 2 scales meet each other but I can't remember what that is. I'm sure we we experienced it at some point already this winter! Woke up today to ANOTHER 10cm snow so .... out I go for some exercise
  10. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Careful .............. We're watching you!!! 3
  11. Big congratulations M5 on reaching 1 month smoke free! One of the biggest milestones you will reach with the worst now behind you. Celebrate this victory then get ready to strengthen your well established quit base
  12. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  13. Reciprocity replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    ^^^ Foly Huck - that's brutal
  14. OK, that's it! I've fukcin had it with THIS winter!! It's not the snow that I've been shoveling almost every day since mid-November. At least that gives me some exercise. It's the almost constant bitter cold. Temps. of -20, -30 and worse are beginning to get really fukcing tiresome. But it's really all the bullshit that goes with this inhumane weather. Layers of clothes, cumbersome winter coat, scarf, gloves, balaclava and of course a big-ass pair of snow boots! Add a half friggin hour to your prep. time every time you go outside! And then .... there's your car. That inanimate piece of frozen shit that is your lifeline to the rest of the world. God only knows, you can't walk very far in this inhumane weather without freezing various bodily appendages which would risk snapping them off with the slightest wrong movement. Those of you poor fucks that have tried to start a vehicle in early morning temps. approaching -40 will know what I mean. No plug-in for a block heater creates this unique "winter lottery"! It's called; will this frozen piece of shit start today? Oh yes, and the sound of a frozen engine trying to crank over at those temperatures is like some slow motion, guttural sound from a horror movie. And if the prick doesn't fire up by the 3rd crank .... you're fukced because you no longer have ANY charge in your battery. Might as well use it to anchor your boat because it's shot!! Once your car does start, your euphoria is short lived because then comes the scraping of all exterior glass surfaces using a cheap-ass piece of fukcing plastic crap as your car begins the 10 minute or longer sojourn of warming up. Once back inside the cockpit you quickly press your gloved hands against the heat grates desperate for at least lukewarm air. Your fingers are much too cold from all that window scraping to grip the steering wheel properly. This ritual seems unique and almost a welcomed change in your routine when it first starts in late November but that was a lifetime ago. Now, after going through this punishing process for 60 or 70 days, you want to do grievous bodily harm to anyone who might be unfortunate enough to say "good morning" to you as you finally reach your morning destination each day. I just want to be friggin normal again!!!! Is this too much to ask? You know, walk outside in a shirt and pair of slacks or, maybe even a jacket or sweater? Briefly bask in the sunshine for a moment before sliding my ass across the warm supple leather of a plush car seat. Firing up my vehicle with barely a turn of the key and immediately taking off without a care in the world seems laughable to me these days. Why the fukc does winter deprive me of this simple pleasure?! I did take some solace though yesterday when I looked at the calendar and realized it would only be about another 78 days before my quest for normality might in fact be realized. I'm almost 1/2 way there
  15. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7 Ha,ha,ha ...... he calls me "squealer" I'm so honest - lol
  16. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7 Where's Bakon at. He could jump these numbers to +9 in a heartbeat
  17. Reciprocity replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    ^^^ I heard something on the car radio today where they said; "The only remaining question is, will it be Happy Eagles Fans or Sad Eagles Fans that burn the city of Philadelphia to the ground tomorrow night after the game " I didn't know what they were talking about but I guess there must have been some unruly behavior after the game against the Vikings?
  18. Reciprocity replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    I don't follow the NFL much but it seems to me that in a BIG game like this, pretty much anything can happen. I guess that's true for most games but, the surprises seem to come out more often when the stakes are high. I don't think anyone would deny that Brady is a force to be reckoned with. An amazing athlete to be still doing what he is after so many years playing. There won't be another like him for a long while I expect. Even a football moron like me knows that. And by the way, why do they start this thing so late (at least in my time zone). Could they not play it on a Sat. when we don't have to get up at 6:00 AM to get to work the next day? Geez!! I need my beauty sleep
  19. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  20. ^^^ Yes JB - we are all different in how our minds react to quitting this very powerful addiction but no matter what YOU personally experience I can tell you for sure, there is no free ride or even a cheap ticket for anyone on this train. We ALL pay our fare at some point and in some way. Some make it and others fall away. There are reasons why in each case I suppose. The thing I can never understand is after having been at this for 2, 3, 4 or more months, why oh why would anyone throw all their effort away for just 1 smoke?
  21. YAY!! Way to go! Bet you're really proud of yourself JKPK and rightfully so. That 1st month is really hard work. Be sure you celebrate in some way to acknowledge this important milestone. You have a great base now for your permanent quit High-Five!!
  22. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -8

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.