Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Reciprocity replied to BKP's topic in Socializing
    She told me she was only 27 years old - so yeah, kind of odd ???
  2. Hi USY! I'm not sure there's an "all fits one" answer to your question, if that makes sense. People are different whether they are smokers or not. Therefore, each person will react differently to a major, life changing event like quitting smoking. I'm not sure there is a right way or a less right way to quit, depending on who you are. I think whatever support you feel you need initially is fine. As long as that gets you to a point of getting off that support at some point. This is a powerful addiction and any aid in quitting is a good thing for people to at least explore. The bottom line is ....... there's no EASY way out of this addiction. Every one of us has to do the heavy lifting at some point in order to break free of participating in this addiction.
  3. I'm not sure anyone on a forum like this is qualified to give you a solid, scientific answer on this. My own "opinion" is that I wouldn't mess with the patch just to save a few bucks. Why I say this? If it doesn't work, you either damage your health or, lose your quit. Is either of those possibilities worth saving a few bucks? Also, I think you may find hanging out with other quitters like us is more beneficial than you may realize at the moment. I know for myself, I have found that supporting others over the last year and a bit has in fact helped me with my quit immensely! You get back at least as much as you give. I didn't realize that at first but in retrospect, it justifies my profile name completely
  4. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3
  5. If you decide on the DIY route ..... give me a call. I have tools!
  6. I've concluded geese are fukcin stupid! They're flying back north but everything is still frozen f'en solid and there a ton of white sh*t all over everything. Welcome home
  7. Unfortunately, there are some who will never see themselves as potential victims of this deadly addiction. Denial is much easier than making the effort to change your life for the better!
  8. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    13
  9. Nope! Going to a BBQ. They told me, I'll be the guest of honor!
  10. Reciprocity replied to BKP's topic in Socializing
    Yes - thanks MQ
  11. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    13
  12. A day of celebration continues ..............
  13. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    9
  14. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Niners!!
  15. I'm no Dr. but I would doubt that you can reconstruct a 21 mg. patch to have it effectively deliver the recommended nicotine of say the next step down patch which I believe is 14 mg? I had almost an entire box of 21 mg patches left when I decided to just go cold turkey instead of the patch. I ended up giving those to a smoking neighbor when they were going to be traveling a long distance by air. Yes, it cost me a few bucks (they aren't cheap where I come from either) but I was happy they went to good use anyway because .... I plan to never need them again
  16. Welcome Cosmos! Glad you have joined us. Post up on the Introductions page and tell us about yourself. We can help you stay focused on your quit.
  17. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  18. Welcome back OTM! Glad to know you're still kicking and enjoying life as a non-smoker. We have all done the best thing we can do for ourselves. KTQ!
  19. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  20. NOPE! Welcome to Quit Train Seren
  21. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13 WTF??
  22. Congratulations Max! 5 Months is almost 1/2 way to the Lido Deck!! Great work on your part Max. It's time to celebrate your 5th month smoke free
  23. You're through the worst month by far now BTR - congratulations! Celebrate this difficult achievement by treating yourself to something really special See you at 2 months BTR!
  24. Big congratulations to you today Jane! You are now showing double numbers at 10 Months quit. You know what that means right? Lido Deck is just around the corner Well done Jane! Make sure you celebrate this milestone
  25. It is with GREAT pleasure that I, among many others, welcome you to the Lido Deck today Beazel It's been a real experience I'm sure but just think what you have done for yourself this past year. This is truly a PROUD moment Beazel! Not to mention the many quit friends you have met along the way.! Enjoy your special day my friend!! We've even arranged for your first cocktail

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.