Everything posted by Reciprocity
-
Difficult or easy to quit smoking?
Great Post lml I agree that erasing smoking from your subconscious is not possible but, the longer you stay smoke free the deeper into your subconscious those memories of smoking will sink. That is both good and perhaps bad too in a way. It's good that we will not have to have thoughts of smoking just popping into our minds each and every day but then there's always that danger that because we are not expecting those thoughts that we may become complacent or forget some of the basic critical things we have learned in our quit - like, Not One Puff Ever and, there's no such thing as "just one". I fully expect to be living my life in the coming years with fewer and fewer thoughts about smoking but I also need to always remember the experience of quitting so I never have to go through that again!
-
BKP is 907 days smoke free!
We thought you were still camping ? Congrats though and good job not getting eaten by that bear ?
-
KT1973 is 8 months Smoke Free!
Eight is Great! Good work KT You are well into your quit now and doing wonderfully.
-
I think I'm working through this by just posting here. Is this ok?
As others have already said, everything you're feeling is very normal and to be expected early on in your quit and you are handling it just fine. Just keep doing what you are doing. Finding ways to outsmart that SOB Nicodemon. As you do, you'll become the strong one and it will weaken. Keep coming here to talk about what you are going through and vent when necessary. We have all been there and applaud the efforts you are now making in your early quit.
-
Where am I?
Welcome about the train Devo
-
Jules1977 is 6 months Smoke Free!
6 Months is a huge accomplishment Jules! Congrats and be sure to celebrate this big milestone.
-
chicks or sticks
ate ( sticks are winning ............. again!!)
-
Grund is 9 months Quit Today!!!
Ordering doubles for everyone on your tab Grund - just so you know ?
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
I was aware that travel costs were paid by us and that we were getting rear-ended for the cost of having a Governor General of Canada, who basically does nothing except go to parties and what not. But the part I was not aware of was how much of our tax $$ they were extracting and what government agency was paying it to them. At least some of the current yougins seem to have a leaning toward social charity? I mean, if you don't have to have a real job because everything's paid for then, might as well do some good for those who are less fortunate - guilty conscious maybe?
-
chicks or sticks
Hello peeps! +1 She will be consumed by sleep very soon!
-
Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Nope! No matter what.
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
F-that! They don't do jack over here, other than come visit the poorly Inuit peoples that they f'ed over so many years ago. So, when you find out how much we colonials are payin, let me know so I can start shorting my taxes
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
That's what I'm not totally clear on - how they are financed? Clearly they have a ton of $$. I assume it's all tax money but is it a direct tax on stuff people in England buy - like a "Royal Tax" or is it just money that is funneled to the Royal Family through the Federal Govt.? I'm truly curious as to how they make that much $$. I heard the wedding dress cost something in the area of $250,000.00 That's outrageous to the normal person on the street. My Gawd! The entire wedding cost of 50-100 thousand would be breathtaking - IMO. The whole Royal Family thing is the stuff of fairy tales and for that reason, it's a good thing. A pleasant diversion from real life but at what cost and to whom?
- chicks or sticks
-
Non Smoking Pigs for Reciprocity.........
^^^ Me & Jillar, having a snuggle ?
-
I am a non-smoker
You have just described one of my favorite benefits of being a non-smoker. Freedom to do what you want for as long as you want without having to "service" your addiction master - nicotine. Whether it be the art museum, a family gathering or a night out with friends, you no longer have to sneak away early to have that cigarette. Now, that's freedom!
-
Almost an SOS
Good for you that you were able to deal with one coming out of nowhere like that. Those can be tough because they are unexpected and your guard may be down or it happens at a particularly weak moment. At least your mind didn't totally cave into the urge and was still thinking about the consequences of lighting one up. Perhaps he didn't smoke one himself because often people will get annoyed in a setting like that where they are sitting at the next table and someone lights up a smoke. Part of the new shaming aspect of being "one of those people".
-
Grund is 9 months Quit Today!!!
Wow! 9 months smoke free is Fabulous Grund!! You smashed yet another month Keep going.
- chicks or sticks