Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    10
  2. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    8
  3. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    9
  4. Hey Gordo That 5 month quit is looking fabulous! Nice job. Let's celebrate with 5 beers! Here, I'll open 'em up for ya!
  5. Outlawing it is without question a waste of time and in fact glorifies it to a degree. Look at prohibition in the 1920's. That was a boon to organized crime and didn't stop people from drinking when they really wanted to. I still say education about smoking and how it really is a powerful life long addiction is the best way to reduce numbers of kids starting. I know I learned a lot of things I really didn't know when I arrived at sites like this and other quit smoking boards. Mind you, I was a very willing student by that time. I also think cost is a big motivator. If these things cost kids a fortune, they either have to get them from the black market or go without. That's where I think Australia is way ahead of the rest of us. They are banging the cost up unabashedly!
  6. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    7
  7. Great to hear Cbdave! No smokers in both families is 100% what we all are hoping to achieve. Come to think of it, there are no smokers in my immediate family any longer either so - cheers to that too
  8. 9 Months quit is fabulous GITW! You should be very proud of reaching the 3/4 year milestone, especially after what you have been through recently. We all salute you! Be sure to give yourself a treat of some kind in recognition of this accomplishment.
  9. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    10
  10. 4 Years Quit ..................... OMG! Wonderful accomplishment SanDar
  11. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    10
  12. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    11
  13. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    +1
  14. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  15. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  16. I'm with J5 - I don't smoke anymore either! NOPE!
  17. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  18. Reciprocity replied to Sazerac's topic in Socializing
    Hey Fluffy .... I don't grow them, the wife does. Pretty sure she just sticks bulbs in the ground sometime in the fall (like maybe October or early Nov.) then they just grow leaves then bloom in the spring. There's no fertilizer or anything else involved. Maybe it's just the difference in climate? What do I know about flowers ? I do get wild violets in my lawn though and once you got 'em; they're never going away. Very hard to eradicate those once they take hold.
  19. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  20. https://www.cp24.com/news/police-10-year-old-girl-among-2-killed-following-mass-shooting-on-danforth-1.4023782 You sick FUKC! A 10 year old and an 18 year old?
  21. Reciprocity replied to Sazerac's topic in Socializing
    Govt can watch me all they want - lol. Nothin' to see here!
  22. Reciprocity replied to Sazerac's topic in Socializing
    Ummm ..... forgot about this little romp I was havin with y'all I know they are flowers and yes, the wife plants them and does a great job too. I would never mow them down and if I did, the wife would have me stones in a noose so ..............not to worry. Besides, they died off on their own after a couple of weeks.
  23. Glad to see you decided to give this quitting thing a try; really, I am happy for you! No quitting isn't all sunshine and lollipops but nothing worth fighting for in life is. Try deep breathing exercises for the anxiety and frustration/anger you might feel in the early days. I had that a lot too and didn't like it one bit either. Just take things an hour, or even a minute at a time for the moment. Don't look too far ahead. Get through today. Tomorrow will come regardless so you can deal with that then. Keep coming back and posting. I think you'll find it helps - even if it's just to unload on us. We've all been there, done that.
  24. WOW! 5 Years. Now there's something to be proud of : Congrats Paul

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.