Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Naupathia
  2. Someone else said
  3. Reciprocity replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Did your mother never tell you to run with Scissors in your hand? Eclipse
  4. Mammoth
  5. Reciprocity replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Eel
  6. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    14
  7. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12
  8. Fabulous job Rhino! Glad you are back with us and attacking this addiction with all you have. 1 Month in the bag represents a great start to your smoke free life. You should be really proud and happy about the effort you've made here. Keep it up.
  9. Good for you Nopester! Two years and still smoke-Free is fabulous
  10. Looks perfectly med-rare; Yum!!
  11. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    9
  12. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    5
  13. Hi Kenzie. I remember you from the last time you were here. Sounds like you are determined this time and have learned from your last attempt which will do you well this time. As Saz said, you just need to power through the effects of early quit symptoms. I know very well the irritability and anxious feelings you spoke about. I had them too for a while early on but they do gradually fade away. Quitting is more about resetting your life so you can be comfortable as a non smoker. It takes some work and mostly just time away from smoking as a reaction to almost everything you do in your daily life. Stick with it - you CAN do it and the temporary discomfort you are feeling early on will be well worth it in the end when you are comfortable in your new non-smoking life Sticking around here and learning all you can about how this addiction works will help you immensely!
  14. Congrats on arriving at one of the most critical milestones there is in your quit journey. 1st month is a series of tests your addiction will put you through and once it's over, you'll find you have all the tools you need to make it your forever quit. Great work!
  15. I was more religious about pledging daily the first year or so because it just helped me focus for a moment on what the most important thing was that I had to do, or not do in this case. It worked for me.
  16. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    ? +1
  17. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    If you fund my trip, I'll go on holiday again ? +1
  18. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    19
  19. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    17 Just what we need ..... more sticks ?
  20. Our lives are often a reflection of the choices we have made along the way. I chose to smoke for decades, to the detriment of my health and wealth. Two years ago I chose to quit smoking mostly to stop the harmful effects of smoking on my health. Just recently I took the money I saved from not having to buy cigarettes for just this past year and spent that on a Caribbean Cruise and enriched my life by visiting 5 places I had never been to. This was a consequence I got to choose because I had quit smoking. You may choose something different. Doesn't matter. The point is YOU get to choose the consequence - not your addiction! Didn't hurt that I escaped the bitter cold for a while either. Here's a couple of pics of my trip: Lounging on the Lido Deck At the beach in Tobago Had I chose to continue smoking 2 years ago the best consequence of that choice would have been standing outside in the freezing cold getting my hourly fix. The worst consequence of that choice might have been this? Put the choices for your future back in your hands. Choose to quit for good! There are so many benefits from choosing to quit. Temporary discomfort in the beginning is a small price to pay to get back your freedom!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.