Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Yeah - I've seem footage of kids like 6 or 7 puffing away in Indonesia. Disgusting! I went to Europe a few years ago and was shocked at how many smokers there still were (and I was a smoker then too). Also, here in Canada, the Province of Quebec is very bad for smoking. Up until a year ago you could still get smoking rooms in some hotels. A lot of French Canadians smoke like crazy. One of their own Provincial party leaders was a chain smoker. Never saw him without a smoke in his mouth. Oh .... guess what? He's dead now 😞
  2. Interesting stuff. I have no idea about this new way of smoking that is sweeping over the younger generation in particular and promoting itself as the "safer" alternative to smoking cigarettes. Sounds dangerous in terms of getting even more addicted, if that's possible?
  3. Yes - LOL! I'm surprised they are still in business actually. There will always be some need for paper maps but it's a demographic thing. Kids today don't even know how to read a map so they will eventually die out because it costs a lot to keep them updated and to print them as well. They need big volume to continue on and that's just not there any more. I have to admit though that they are a good tool for planning a road trip. Nice to see where you're going and whats around you on the way. The company I worked for did all the AAA city maps for Canada. That was a big account but ended up maybe 25% of the volume it used to be. Interesting the way things change over time.
  4. That's totally normal Dizzy. Keep up the fight. The magic is already happening. Just give it more time because it only gets better from here on.
  5. I'm guessing there were thousands upon thousands of young men would were introduced to smoking because of the free cigs they got in the armed forces during that time and, many would have continued smoking on their own after they got back. Producers of cigarettes may have added more and more dangerous ingredients in the 50's to keep people hooked and to increase their market share over other producers. Big Tobacco was a pretty dirty business back then - still is of course. Now it's just protecting their empire against government regulation and common sense!
  6. Maybe a "pod" last them for a month then if they can only take a few puffs at a time - I don't know as I never tried Julling but portraying it in these commercial as a safe alternative to cigarettes is just wrong. They don't actually say that of course but the man in the commercial does talk about how relieved he is that he's no longer a smoker - wow, OK, we know that song and dance. It was the same in the 40's &50's with cigarettes.
  7. Tell your daughter you know someone who used to work for a Map company. She won't know what the hell you're talking about
  8. Watching another TV commercial aboul Juuling. They are focusing on smokers who have "made the switch" from smoking cigarettes to Juuling; like that's solved their addiction to nicotine issue. I've seen several of these Juul ads recently. We all know who's behind those and funding them right?
  9. Wait ..... Your son isn't the real Polkaroo is he?
  10. Barge
  11. web
  12. heckle
  13. Reciprocity replied to Sslip's topic in Games
  14. All alone again
  15. Reciprocity replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Tomato
  16. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say #3 is a lie. They don't really kill those oversize cats do they?
  17. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    six
  18. No they kids who fought didn't because even doctors smoked back then. The issuing of cigs during wartime was a major boost to Big Tobacco. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't behind that whole scheme. Get those young recruits hooked and we'll have 'em for life (even if it is a shortened one) 😞
  19. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  20. The part I find disturbing is that hey are promoting the lie we all buy into, that smoking calms you in a tense situation. This is the major stumbling block for many people quitting. Not understanding the difference between nicotine addiction stress and life stress. Cigarettes only solve one kind of stress and it's NOT life stress!
  21. OK so, Here's the story: 1. This one's True! I said coleslaw because sauerkraut is virtually unheard of where I live. It's only available as a dressing for Hot Dogs or Sausages from the food cart venders and I guess if you went to a German restaurant.? And Yes; arms crossed, pouting like a child while I send my food back and request not only that the slaw be removed but that my food be re-plated to avoid any potential slaw-juice contamination. 2. This one's True. My dad found out because the kid that saved me told his dad who told my dad. I got into big trouble over that one. 3. Is a Lie! I have no Inuit heritage in my bloodline. Wish I did cuz I would pay NO taxes 😞 Looks like you're up again Lilly
  22. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    20!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.