Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Aardvark
  2. I'm pretty sure @Linda Thomas is hiding?
  3. Oh Boy!! Check it out ................... 1. I once received a negative mark on a final exam in middle school. 2. I was the top scoring player one year when I played junior hockey. 3. I once challenged my father to a boxing match.
  4. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    10
  5. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    16
  6. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    16
  7. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    14
  8. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12
  9. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    7
  10. Gotta pic #2 as the lie. You wouldn't have been late your first day - lol.
  11. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    6
  12. I'm glad you're still with us Kdad! Would hate to see you lose your battle at this point. Good lesson though. Never be complacent - never! There's no "just one" for any of us. It's just NOPE - always!
  13. WOW Wantsit! You're hangin' with the double digit crowd now; congratulations! Stop by and let us know how you are enjoying your smoke free life!
  14. Congrats on Day 1 Juan! Don't forget to NOPE in the daily NOPE page Waiting to hear about your successful completion of day 2!
  15. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    5
  16. Man! Those poor people on the Abaco Islands! Next looks like Freeport will take a direct hit as well! Even though they're thinking it will likely not cross Florida, it will still have a vast impact on so many along the entire eastern seaboard. May even still be damaging when it reaches Atlantic Canada, although the icy Canadian waters tend to kill those storms pretty quickly!
  17. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3
  18. The emptiness of it all. Sooo much more time on my hands and nothing to do but think about how I wanted to have a smoke. I did no planning on getting into some new activity to fill all that extra time I suddenly had. Had I to do this all over again now, I probably would have bought some puzzles to do or joined a gym or something that I could have thrown myself at. The early days were tough ..... no question. Feel your way along a day at a time and remain true to your own self commitment. Those are the thoughts that got me through I think. That and the fact it was so uncomfortable, I never wanted to go through it again! Had I failed that first time, i'm pretty sure I'd still be a smoker now.
  19. Mentally, I quit on a Sat. about 10:30 AM when I was loading groceries into my car on a cold, damp January day. I was coughing hard and what did I do .... I pulled my cigarette pack out of my coat and lit one up. That initiated another bout of harsh coughing. Probably not the first time that had happened but for some reason, it clicked in my brain ; "You gotta quit this bullsh*t"! Next morning I had my last smoke on waking up at about 8:30 AM. I was convinced I would fail so did not tell anyone I had quit. I kept the mostly full pack of cigs I had - just in case! I have no idea how I made it through those early days. It was pretty overwhelming so I basically just became a nico-zombie! Not knowing what to do or what to think but I did know I just couldn't smoke even one or my battle would be for nothing and it was too disruptive to my entire being to have to ever go back to the place I was on that Saturday. There were a few pinnacles in those first few months where I had to really focus on what I wanted my future life to look like. I guess it was maybe 6 or 7 months in when through whatever circumstance I was in then, I just suddenly knew .... I would never smoke again. Since then, It's been pretty smooth sailing. I still think about smoking at times even though I can't imagine myself as a smoker yet I have enough respect for myself and for the fact I am a nicotine addict for life to ever consider lighting up another smoke for any reason what-so-ever! I know I have to live the rest of my life by the same principal I have done for the past couple of years - NOPE! And, that doesn't bother me in the least
  20. Xai-Xai, Mozambique; Africa
  21. Sorry but I'm completely lost as to where this quit is at. You are saying that you have been quit for 17 hours now?
  22. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.