Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Go ahead and feel as smug as you like. You've earned it!
  2. Geez Jillar - that's terrible! I am praying that there is some way you mom's feet/legs can be saved. I can't even imagine your frustration over the fact that your mother still won't quit. Stark reminder that the devastating effects of years of smoking can have on one's body. Pleeeeeze QUIT! Even worse is the reminder of just how powerful a hold nicotine addiction has over us. Put your addiction to sleep people - QUIT!
  3. What a fabulous beard 😍
  4. Reciprocity commented on mrsguest's blog entry in My Quit
    I smoked roughly 25 cigs a day which consumed approx. 7 minutes each one. That's 3 hours a day just smoking. Whether it's work breaks or personal time - you've got more of it now. You need to find productive ways to fill that void and you will. It seemed to just happen naturally to me - no plan and no strategy. It just got filled with other, healthier things. There's a post around here somewhere called "Filling The Pages"; or something like that and it speaks to this issue exactly
  5. Yeah - nicotine addiction is a bitch for sure but once you are able to put it to sleep, it's easy to maintain providing you just don't do anything stupid. I think part of the reason I stick around here is to remind myself of that initial struggle to get to a place of little effort by following the early days of other quitters. We try to pass on thoughts and ideas that resonated with us when we quit. Not sure if any of that helps much or not because in the end, it's what we choose to do or not do individually. I can't save your quit and you can't save mine. This is one thing in life where each individual alone is responsible for their own ultimate success. Smoking or quitting ..... each is a choice!
  6. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    OO
  7. Onward to Day 12! Keep working at it Juan
  8. The place I worked at was being kept alive for one reason and one reason only ..... so Sonny-Boy could have a high paying job! Son of the owner was completely inept at everything, aside from playing with "action figures" as he called them. To me, they were dolls. Anyway, he used to muck things up so badly I was always seeing red when he was around me. Something about family businesses that just never works! The owner even admitted to me once that his son was a screw-up but hey; it's his son so I guess that overrides logic. Just glad I no longer have to fix sonny-boy's screw-up's!!!
  9. Congrats on 7 Months Sammy! Wow, the time is really adding up now for you. Hope you're enjoying the benefits of being a seasoned quitter Celebrate the occasion today with something special 🥳🍷
  10. Sorry about that Bud! That would be my fault! For some unknown reason, I had your quit date as Oct. 23rd 2012?? Corrected it now so hang in there till next year. We'll get it right yet Hope you celebrated your 7 years quit in spite of the screw-up? Now back to arresting those hardened criminals!
  11. OK .... OK......... 1. I rode in a helicopter with a traffic reporter once when I was in my teens. 2. I spent a night in jail. 3 When I lived just outside New York City, I witnessed a murder one night.
  12. Perfect 😞 And; what the hell does "over smoked" mean anyway?
  13. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -18
  14. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -15 Actually .... IT DOES!! Going to do that now actually!
  15. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Oh Geez -15
  16. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  17. Ha,ha ...... I was thinking "Mother Ship". Guess not eh?
  18. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -11
  19. You've hit the bullseye of early quit! Time standing still, ready to explode on anybody and everybody, mind on the spin cycle. Embrace the suck because it's all temporary. Better days are coming - stay quit!! As one of our noble members once said; "You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf!" So, get your board out @mrsguest ..... Surfs Up
  20. Welcome Twice! Good to have you aboard. Grit your teeth and honor your commitment to yourself for a better life ahead! Plenty of great information and support here on the train and it WILL help you.
  21. I see day 11 just ahead Keep going!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.