Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. Hi Jonny, thanks for posting this. It's funny, I find life's ups and downs much, much easier as a non smoker as I haven't got that horrid withdrawal affecting my reactions every 20 minutes or so. I noticed little things like not flying off the handle at well, silly little things really. It's been replaced with a sense of inner peace almost. I am however (as my depression post said) having my blood checked to check things out. Whatever the outcome at least I'm free from smoking so that's all that matters. Of course if there is help out there to stop some of the symptoms, and stop me accidentally walking into things/having blind mental blocks(it's as though I forget what I'm doing, or who I am) I'll take it. If there's not then head down...crack on..and write myself reminders of what I'm doing around the house...lol..no matter what I'm free from smoking...and that's priceless. So glad you are evened out in your mind.
  2. I knew you would Evelyn, I never doubted you for a single minute. Enjoy your cake and roses. :)
  3. Great stuff Pippa, you must be over the moon :)
  4. A big fat NOPE from me. :)
  5. Hello Carol, and welcome. Congratulations on giving up that nasty cigarette smoke...yuck eh? I have every confidence your find giving up the e cig a breeze, so don't worry to much about that. I am an ex vaper myself (first switched as a permanent replacement, then decided don't need it) so if I can help in anyway just shout. Set yourself a date....gives you something to commit to, and a deadline.
  6. So pleased for you Anie, that sense of 'peace' you felt will just grow and grow. Congratulations on the promotion too.
  7. Your kids are not as cute as you think, pounding on the table....classic line Bakon. Oh that really did make me laugh. Glad you got some food in the end. On a visit over the pond we tried all the chains you mentioned, also on called Ponderosa (sp?) That was one time I did a quick right turn, and marched the Siffords out. Kids screaming and the look of the buffet...naaah...not for me. 8:10pm. Shower, last nights Bates Motel then bed for me.
  8. Just nipped upstairs to check my work (painting an old vanity table) and I've missed a tiny bit...grrrr Roller and tray all washed and already put away. Can wait till tomorrow now.
  9. (((((Trish)))))
  10. I understand completely ;)
  11. Push through the feelings Tiffany, no matter how unpleasant they make you feel you are not smoking. Proud of you.
  12. Unfortunately :( But at least plenty of it around here.
  13. Thanks Trish, I'll look out for that.
  14. Plus, because all the management here are very active, on the forum, I am confident they would nip any 'evil/ganging up' in the bud. I can't imagine that they would let that lark start here.
  15. Oh I laughed at that Rob...good for the soul...lol
  16. Me too Action...this and stars. phew...can't even post a picture yet now there's more to learn...ouch, my brain hurts..lol
  17. I won't lie I do find a like/nod easier for me as I find it quite difficult to concentrate these days. On times of low concentration levels likes take that worry away, of composing a message. I do hear you though, about the written word. I like likes though, they help me feel part of something on days were I find putting sentences together tricky.
  18. Hi Soul I don't know what the 'stars' are, not a clue how to give someone a star. I do agree with you in the sense likes can be used as a tool, have seen it myself on the Q. Although, for me a like is a bit like a nod of the head. This forum, to me, is as though you are all sat round my dining table with me, having a coffee. So I 'like' in the same way I would nod, or smile in agreement at something someone said. But I do understand what you mean too....tricky really. I don't get loads of like, same way as I don't always get loads of nods of agreement, so for me it isn't an ego boost more a case of whenI get one, that someone is on the same wwavelength on this particular point.
  19. Hello Shaddycat....a very warm welcome to you.
  20. awww, aren't they just beautiful. A visual treat.
  21. Great stuff Juan...day 4 already, brilliant news.
  22. Quit anytime, morning noon or night hey guys? Seriously......do it right now. The old I'll do it Monday was my favourite excuse...Monday came but the quit never.
  23. It's sickening to think what they put in cigarettes isn't it!!! Grrrrr....who knows if I hadn't smoked this could have been my normal brain chemistry anyway...and if so no probs, it is what it is. But......if my brain chemistry has become like this, due to me smoking then grrrrr at myself for buying into the lie and a huge grrrrr at the tobacco companies for putting shite in that screws us brain chemistry, of some. Grrrrrrrrr. Back to painting, to calm me down.
  24. Good for you, roses are lovely aren't they Evelyn. Tulips are lovely too...pale pink or yellow are my favourites.
  25. Just got back from the doctors and feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders :) He suspects that the other crap/chemicals were acting as a mood stabiliser and the removal has distored my brain chemistry....so...based on that I am giving blood samples on Monday and from that, if he is correct, he will put me on a very low dose of mood stabilisers for 6 months to 12 months. If the bloods come back and his diagnosis is wrong we will chat again. I feel better now, less alone, that I'm not imagining it....because I know me and I knew something was off. He congratulated me again in my successful quit and said he was very proud of me, as am I....I did good ;)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.