Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. You know it is and I'd completely forgot! Likely have lost all sense of dates due to the last two weeks with Del no doubt. Thank you, it still feels priceless Stu....always will to me.
  2. Tracey he will love that you called him Del Boy, it's his sisters nickname for him he loves it....even has his very own Del Boy money box that she bought him for a laugh. Wait till I tell him he was called it on here...will make his day!...lol
  3. So very sad to read about this. I too wish mental illness didn't destroy so many lives, just a truly terrible shame. RIP....Shazzbat.
  4. Awe, am sending you a hug from over the pond Nancy. Chin up my lovely xxx
  5. Congratulations on your 10 fabulous months Robert, so happy for you xx
  6. Five months already Marti!, just wow! When I read the peace and confidence in your quit I forget that you've ever smoked! You have sooooo got this my lovely, pricelessxx
  7. Just brilliant! Not a surprise mind you, can tell this is your sticky quit, but just totally brilliant all the same xx
  8. Thanks everyone.... I rang Del this morning, to check how he was, and told him all of you sent your good wishes. He couldn't believe it tbh was was made up! His very words to you all were " they don't even know me yet care enough to send me good luck, have made an old boys day" Thanks againxx
  9. I agree with everyone else Tiff, you're detoxing still and it really will calm down. You may be pleased to learn that when you find ' your own way' of managing your emotions you will be calmer than you ever remember- not the drugged up to the eyeballs ciggy false calm. It's all good in the end.
  10. sharonsiff replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    That's terrible DD. You know what, next time an opportunity comes your way just go and let others take your role in supporting family members. I really wish one of us could help you out, just gutted for you. Just shows folk are so bloody self centered aren't they? Things like this really get my back up! It's not like you're asking for help so that you can go get your nails painted is it? Sheesh!
  11. sharonsiff replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    Aww that's bloody terrible you must be both pissed and gutted. Pity one of us doesn't live nearby and could help out. Obviously I don't but maybe another member might?
  12. Aw wow that's wonderful news. I am so happy for you Jackie, I really am. Another wedding thread to follow....fingers crossed. What a beautiful way to end the year, celebrating your love for each other xx
  13. The Siffs here.
  14. Awe I love your dress, very romantic and classy. Oh I do hope you start that thread!....I want to be your UK mum and share the build up with you, as I'm sure many others do xx
  15. I have just spoke to him on the phone and bless him, he is just so made up to be home. He can't get over all the colours around him, the flowers in the garden, the colours in the rooms. He is relishing everything that we all likely take for granted...just so fabulous that he is finally home. His white platelets dropped from 100 to 2! He was black and blue everywhere and swelled up. His lymph node, under his arm had swollen. Seemingly, and hopefully it was all due to an infection from hell that he couldn't fight himself due to previous chemo affecting his immunity to infections. He has had numerous platelet transfusions and now the level is starting to rise on its own...so it's looking good. The enlarged lymph node had a biopsy done and that type of cancer hadn't come back again, thank bloody goodness. I am just so pleased for him, and then all the family that it is looking good. Could cry with relief really, pleased to read Mrs Bakon is ok too....ruddy cancer!
  16. They are beautiful Leanna they really are, what a fabulous colour too! I hope you start a pre wedding thread as I would love to read about all your plans and feelings leading up to your special day, so excited for you xx
  17. I am so very pleased for you Tiff, you really do seem to have mentally turned a corner. You can read till your eyes bleed that it gets better, more normal (as it does) but nothing beats actually 'feeling it for yourself' does it? Cements the quit really, becomes a Womak quit....solid as a rock. This is just brilliant for you as I said made up for you xx
  18. sharonsiff replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    This thread has brought tears to my eyes....I love romance and this seems like a wonderful romance. My very best to you both, you make a wonderful couple xx
  19. I see blue Action...lol... Seriously though, love it absolutely love it! This is the type of interior design that floats my boat just beautiful. You both must feel like king and queen of your castle.
  20. Am pleased to say my FIL is finally home! It has been a truly stressful time for Del and Barb but thankfully it seems that cancer is not back, as first suspected. Will get the final ruling out of bone or bone marrow cancer on Thursday....so please keep your fingers crossed. All this has taught me a very important lesson, life really is too short to be stressing and fussing over crap. Enjoy your health and your ability to laugh.....I know I do and will.
  21. sharonsiff replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    This really is fabulous news Bakon....much love to both of you from over the pond xx
  22. So many fabulous congratulations threads and it would take me an age to respond to all so I hope you don't mind but am going to do it as one, here.... Many congratulations to all you fabulous quitters who have just had a celebration, won't be long till you're celebrating again xx
  23. Congratulations, brilliant news to come back to,
  24. Congratulations MQ, moved from my circle of trust to the circle of stopped for life, really pleased for you xx
  25. Many congratulations to you Doreen, so sorry I missed the actual day so please accept my belated congratulations. I never doubted you, could feel it in my bones that you had it in the bag. You must be as pleased as punch xx

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.