Everything posted by sharonsiff
-
How Do I Add A Picture?
Ignore... Forgot how to do this so just testing...
-
I Know It's Not About The Money..But!
I have just noticed my ticker and I've not wasted nearly six thousand pounds on cigarettes in 18 months...nearly six grand!! Eyes popping out of my head. I'll be honest I did quit purely because of financial reasons, was getting too difficult to fund. Although I didn't notice any extra cash at first I did find I wasn't as low on funds each month as time progressed. The mental freedom is worth more than I imagined, or dared hope for, and to me that is priceless but I won't lie the extra cash is dam fabulous too! I have my Tenerife holiday booked, have taken MIL on lots of fab Christmas outings and am not sweating with worry at the thought of saving for a second hand car to replace my rust bucket in 2016...if it lasts that long..lol Freedom is priceless, worth more than money...but enjoy the extra money too as I certainly am ;)
-
A Very Merry Smoke Free Christmas Everyone
And you my lovely...so much to catch up on...so, are you still in the USA or home? How's things?
-
so so. ..
It will still feel crap at times (life) with or without a cigarette Rowly. Think back to when you did smoke and times just felt...you know...crap. Even after a cig...still crap. I would bet my last British £ that having a cig would take the crappy feeling to extremely whizzed off, in a second. Head up, shoulders back and deep breath. In a few months or so at least when you do get a low feeling I guarantee what you will lift you is that although it all feels a bit pants at least you don't smoke anymore...it will lift your spirits no end. Good on you for posting an SOS..respect.
-
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year And All That Good Stuff
Have yourself a Merry little Christmas everyone, may you enjoy your fabulous family and delicious food xx
-
Nay Nay celebrates 7 months!!!
Many congratulations to you, brilliant news xx
-
How quickly we forget
Hi Joe, thanks for asking over our Lucy very thoughtful of you. She is doing great thanks and has only had two panic attacks since August. She recognises when things are brewing now and takes action to prevent a full blow attack. She has spent a lot of time reading posts on forums, by children simular to her age, and that has helped her too. She seems really happy at the moment so that's fabulous. Oh and as a bonus she's all about the grades (school) at the moment and is not getting herself all worked up about the amount of studying she is doing. As a family we are ok, lost Lee's dad then my uncle Alec died a few weeks later. Been extremely sad, as you can imagine, but we are ok as we all have each other which helps enormously. I hope you and you beautiful ladies are all well and I hope your daughter is ok too xx
-
I ruined it
That sounds like a good idea Evelyn as then you don't have the fear/worry and build up of a nicotine reduction plan...it's done, you've done it so a case of head down, crack on and eyes on the prize. Just think you have stopped just before Christmas day so this time next year you will have not one but two smoke free Christmas' under your belt....how fabulous is that!
-
A Very Merry Smoke Free Christmas Everyone
Thank you Sue and I hope you and yours have a fabulous family Christmas too xx
-
American Horror Story: Freakshow
I am loving this Season! I even found myself feeling quite sorry for Twist, I know!.. Lol. We are a couple of episodes behind in the UK so I have the Pepper episode to look forward to, and a revist to Baricliff sp? The episode that told us Elsa's past really troubled me, I know it wasn't real but to think things like that really do happen...as I say troubled me greatly...played on my mind most of the following day. I have no idea where this is going or what will happen...love it :)
-
A Very Merry Smoke Free Christmas Everyone
And to you too DD xx
-
How quickly we forget
This is so very true Joe. It reminds me of one of my favourite old Take That Songs in the sense of we've come so far, reached so high and looked each day and night in the eye....and although we're as sound as a pound now (ok/doing fabulous) we never forget we're we've come from...the boys sing it better than me. Merry Christmas Joe xx
-
I ruined it
Evelyn am so very sorry to read this, I really am. Listen, why not think about chatting to your doctor with a plan to have a zero nicotine personal vaperouriser? The reason I say this is seemingly you resort to heavy sucking and puffing when under deep stress. It can't have been for the nicotine as you already had that. i just wonder then that you could wear a patch (get your nicotine if you feel that would help) see your reducing and when you get to no patches then tackle the action side of things, the comfort you got from the action? I know it might sound far fetched but it might let you break your addiction into more manageable stages?
-
For new quitting me
Hi Jacob, that's true that you can get to the lower strength and then you can aim for nicotine free. Keep that goal and if you work towards it you will be so glad you did. Congratulations on ditching the cigs.
-
Calling ALL Members
Between 30 and 35.
-
Let's Count, Mrs DD ;)
Only 9 to go? Fabulous news DD...absolutely fabulous!
-
Finally [Mrs. Sarge]
sharonsiff replied to sgt.barney's topic in Discussion: Vaping & Juuling - Another Generation At RiskThis is great news! I imagine, from reading your OP, that her going days smoke free is a big thing, huge in fact. She must be over the moon. Even if she is in fact just trading one type of addiction for another Sarge she is currently cig free. Opens the door for her to see for herself, in a calmly fashion, that she in turn can be free of it all. I haven't used the cig a like types myself but do know, from experience, that the PV type ones are pretty straight forward in executing an total escape. Obviously if that turns out to be her plan.
-
A Very Merry Smoke Free Christmas Everyone
Thank you so much guys Am looking forward to getting back into the thick of it, with you all. I have missed you all, I really have.
-
Merry Christmas/Happy New YR
Merry Christmas Beth...have a good one xx
-
A Very Merry Smoke Free Christmas Everyone
Hi all Hope you are all well. Have been busy as a bee helping my MIL collect evidence to deal with the multitude of errors during Del Boys hospital stay, that lead to his death. We are making fabulous progress so that's wonderful. It doesn't bring Del back, we know, but it might stop it happening to someone else. I am sorry for all the milestones I have missed and welcoming all the newbies to the quit train, feel out the loop ...but... Once New Year is here am a bit more free to come back and hang with you guys, can't wait! My second smoke free Christmas already! Just fabulous, truly is and I still have to pinch myself and be in sheer joy that I finally ticked off my biggest main bucket list item...to stop smoking and be happy to no longer smoke...just simply fabulous. I hope you all enjoy your smoke free Christmas and if anyone reading is not enjoying the thrones of withdrawal just remember it really will not feel like this forever, just hang onto that truth...and this time next year you will be celebrating your second smoke free Christmas...remember that xx
-
Just. A Quick Hello
Just popped on to wish Action a happy one year mark. Hope you guys are all well and Dandy. Haven't posted on any forum since Del Boys death, haven't been in the mood for it really so just stay on my FB with my family and best friends. Nothing happened here that gave me the hump or anything it's just am not in the right mind for commitment to anything other than household tasks and work. So as I say a big fat hi and keep that quit xxx
-
Ok shift over on the deck, make way for our hugglemonster Action :)
Oh my life, just checked the date and remembered you! A year already, how fabulous Action. Lots and lots of congratulations and celebrations to you
-
Back In Hospital
Del Boy passed away this afternoon. Devastated is an understatement to be honest. Don't really know what else to say other than thanks ever so much for all your best wishes and support. Cherish each other and live each day like it's your last xx
-
Back In Hospital
Guys...he got rushed back in hospital Monday night. It has been an horrific few days! Phone went at 1:30am last night, he was in a bad way and had , had 3 siezures. Seemingly, for the last 6 weeks Del has had blood poisoning (ecoli in his blood stream) hence the heart issues, the pneumonia, the black bruises from the low white blood cells. It is a wonder it didn't kill him to be honest! Have just got home and he is stable, heavily sedated but stable. He has had an injection to sort his heart out again and is obviously now on a drip with the medication going through that will hopefully kill the poison. Already I could see his colour coming back in his cheeks. So...hopefully now he will actually get better as they know what they are treating, finally! Just wanted to fill you all in as you have been so lovely and supportive. Will get back on here properly once I am of calm mind that he is 100% in the clear. Take care, keep well and cherish your good health xx
-
Interior design types... please heed my call to arms :)
Marti, you mentioned silvers running through your theme? Or I may have read it wrong. Check out this colour for your TV cabinet, beautiful. Imagine that against the back drop of a white wall, the fab purples. It's egg shell too so is hard wearing and not glossy. http://www.farrow-ball.com/cornforth-white/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100228