Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. Lol Sonic, I can see.....but at least you try ;) I think it could be the brows that are going wrong for you Sonic... ;)
  2. No Sonic, as beautiful and romantic as it looks I'm pleased to say no.
  3. I remember you putting yourself out for me, over there, in my first month as a member. You really are a good egg DD and I never doubted you and am so very pleased for you... Another year to spend extra cash on cosmetics ;)
  4. That's it Evelyn... No matter what, just NOPE... You got this my lovely xx
  5. Yes, don't let your guard down... Really not worth it.
  6. Brrrr it's brass monkeys here in Essex too guys. Not overly keen on all this Winter lark but am just grateful it's not snowing. I check net weather earlier and it does seem like it will warm up a tad, fingers crossed. I looked out my window this morning and it was pure white every where and for a minute I thought it had snowed! Thankfully is was just frost.
  7. Well it has been fabulous my neck of the woods as during 2014 not one single flake of snow fell from the sky. I keep my fingers crossed for more of the same in 2015, keep yours crossed for us too ;)
  8. sharonsiff replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    Some families do Evelyn but it's mainly the London Firework show. I live out in the country and don't notice many go off round here. I stayed with my MIL Christmas Eve and someone was letting off fireworks then, never heard of that before. So maybe citizens in towns let off fireworks but not in the sleepy village that I live. Have a great evening Evelyn, we have close friends who live in Gouda (spelling?) and I imagine they will have a fabulous time over there tonight xx
  9. sharonsiff replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    Home with the girls till Lee gets in from work around 10pm. Will snuggle up and wait for the BBC broadcast of the firework displays in London. Will then ring round the family, wish them all the best, then no doubt be ready for bed. I used to love NYE in my 20s/30s such fun out dancing and celebrating. One year I plan to see in both Christmas and the New Year in Tenerife....bucket list. Have a lovely evening guys in whatever way you celebrate it xx
  10. So pick a day, just do it my friend and pick a day xx
  11. Glad the surgery went well Joe, shame about the findings on your chest x ray. Although at least now you no longer smoke it might not get too bad? Have no knowledge of the condition but fingers crossed it stays manageable Joe. Thank goodness you stopped smoking!
  12. Hi Blackstorm I switched to Vaping as I i just didn't want to stop smoking, but couldn't afford to fund it anymore. I got off Vaping after 7 months as I just knew I was well and truly over the cigarettes. I also found coming off the vaping a slight breeze to the hurricane of switching from cigs. So when you times comes to be free of it all have no fear as I found it nothing like coming off cigarettes as by now your body has adjusted to no longer having all the added extras in cigarettes. I found nicotine without the ammonia and crap not difficult to stop using. Well done on your 4 months smoke free.
  13. Congratulations to you DD you did it, and I never once doubted you would. I hope you treat yourself to something to celebrate xx
  14. Thanks for the heads up on that one Ava, I'll stick to my current one then (no7 lift and luminate) and my sponge... Save myself being disappointed. Will check out the mascara both yourself and Colleen mentioned.
  15. Lovely to see you again, I do hear you about waiting two weeks but honestly folk don't mind...I have myself had years of not even lasting a day so can completely relate. Maybe pick a day and stay on here all day, from morning till bed time. We could chat to you all day...less toilet breaks ;) and get you through that mental block of you not getting through a day... Must be worth a try? Late in the UK and my pillow is calling for me so I'm off to bed... So I wish you well but do hope you'll at least consider a full day commitment on here, just chatting to us. Good night and over and out from the UK.
  16. I haven't heard of him DD so will go and educate myself. I just can't imagine how all this will end...which excites me ;)
  17. Watched the orphans episode...omg how sad! Really upset me and infuriated me how poor pepper ended up in the asylum! Cried when she touched her cheek while looking at the glossy mag photo of Elsa. Found that very upsetting indeed.
  18. I watched the Finale on Sunday, great season and I look forward to the next one.
  19. Hi Gabby, have you got any must have products....or any don't touch with a barge poll products?
  20. Yes they are Jenny, same as mine. Check out videos on eye shadows for hooded eyes on you tube, in fact this is the one I watched and I've never looked back. It honestly is worth the 24 mins of your time Jenny http://youtu.be/8k8TUTDYY1g
  21. This is a fabulous post and if you're lurking, and reading this, don't let your FEAR of heights put you off ;) There are plenty of us here who could no more manage a two step ladder in the past but have knuckled down and reached the top. New year, new you....please make that first step you'll be overjoyed when you reach the top :)
  22. It gets fabulous reviews Jenny and there are some great videos about the products on you tube. That's the only thing I can't wear DD, eyeliner, as it closes my already small eyes. I watch all these fabulous make overs with the batwing flick and such like and it looks so beautiful. I'll be honest I only wear eyeshadow on main events myself. I find a quick flick with my bronzer and a touch on my lower lid and brow of my veil pen and the jobs a good un ;) Mascara is something I both need and love. As I've aged I have noticed that they are now much lighter. I love Benefits They're Real...amazing but no good when I am doing my part time ironing rounds as all my customers have high end steam irons. I tried Mac waterproof and will say it does what it says and really is waterproof. The trouble is I don't get the Benefits finish so am on the search. I chat to a beauty artists on Facebook, from www.beautyandtheboutique.com and she has recommended this product, so when I am getting low on the Mac am going to try this one. http://thisisbeautymart.com/fairydrops-tokyo-mascara-glossy-black-water-resistant The brush looks very fancy.
  23. I can understand that EB especially with your losing weight goal, I'll be honest I'm sure I only drunk because I felt sad...sad that I never seemed to have much money due to ruddy smoking! I don't miss drinking is the slightest and that really does surprise me... I would have at least one night cap as a smoker. Ross mentioned he feels better for having less coffee and I was thinking on it more and something I have now noticed is I certainly don't have my old rushes of anxiety since I drink less coffee. Maybe it was an overload as I did drink it to the extreme, sometimes to replace eating as I forgot to eat sometimes, and all that has stopped happening which is fabulous.
  24. It's funny that you should mention both things as only last week I was intrigued myself with airbrush make up. I watched a video or 10 ;) and I have considered going down that route myself. I checked out a local beauty salon that do Air brush make overs so I think I will get one done, see if I like the finish and if I do I can see myself purchasing a kit. I watch you tube videos by Matt Goss and he was reviewing Bare Minerals products. We have a department store that sells this product so when I next run out of something I will give it a go. I hear you about you get much better quality paying more. I tend to purchase more high end products, now I can afford to, and can honestly see a huge difference in quality. Have you tried Mac Paintpot as a base for your eyeshadow? Omg what a difference that has made, no more creasing in my creases. I have hooded eyelids so have spent years avoiding wearing eyeshadow as it just never looked right, thanks to you tube I have learnt how to work with the hoods..lol
  25. Oh you must share your must haves with me, please. I much prefer going off recommendations. Another thing I purchased, and love, is my Real Techniques foundation blending sponge. It's a Beauty Blender dupe at half the price. Great finish, almost air brush finish, but doesn't clean very well so am going to purchase the real Beauty Blender. Used to be happy with my foundation brush but this really does give an even better finish.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.