Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

babs609

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by babs609

  1. out of the 3...what was your favorite? I always wanted to go to Petrified forest and grand canyon
  2. babs609 replied to jillar's topic in Socializing
    Confession: For years I thought the line in Steve Miller Bands Jet Airliner was... "Big ole Jet had a light on"
  3. babs609 replied to bakon's topic in Games
    morning all! -3
  4. I am so grateful so many of you found your way here....I know in the first year of my quit (even 2) I would have panicked if the place I called home just vanished..along with my family on there. I would have been so lost. With the amount of people here from the qsmb, I can imagine it feels as close to home as can be and that must be such a comfort. Plus....we have so many new people to get to know and join together in the war against nicotine addiction! Love the energy here! I am excited for the quittrain and for all of you! a big HUGE welcome!!
  5. same here! You are all amazing!
  6. Sorry I missed this!! Congratulations!!! I miss a lot of milestones but I hate missing the 1 year...especially for a member as helpful and supportive as you Reciprocity. Keep on rockin' that quit!
  7. printed this out for a friend of mine who is in the early days of quitting and is struggling. Hope it helps her and also anyone else reading this today
  8. NOPE NOPE NOPE!!
  9. welcome!!
  10. no way nope NOPE N.O.P.E.!
  11. awww...what a lovely surprise!! thank you all!!
  12. oh boy! First of all Kitkat...welcome to the forum If you want to go another few years of this back and forth with the patches..lozenges...and vaping....with the very strong possibility of a relapse...only to end up right back here maybe 10 years later, well then, you are on the right path. If you want to be free of the slavery of nicotine addiction...educate yourself. Read read read all the educational materials provided by the board...countless videos on all these subjects you talk about. Listen....we have all been there where you are. But frankly....you are playing with fire. Make the true committment....get through the first day...second day...third day. Get through the first week. Come to the board and post your fears, frustrations..anything. But just don't take a puff. It really is as simple as that. Before you know it..you will be well on your glorious smoke free journey. Make this the quit that sticks. No more smoking. Period
  13. I am pretty sure it was Trilogy of Terror (1975) I was 7 years old for crying out loud...what were my parents thinking?
  14. Lost 70 lbs 3 years ago...kept it off for a year and even lost a few more inches. Then...over the last year and a half....the scale slowly moved up. I have kept a fairly regular routine at gym (though it slacked somewhat in frequency and intensity) ..but the main problem was...cheat meals and alcohol. Which is funny because I really wasn't a drinker before and found myself having more and more cocktails....Result was: 35 lbs back on! UGGHHHHH...Oh the downfalls of living life to it's fullest! haha! So.... I've cut out the booze, am really watching my diet -making smarter choices...and amped up my gym time ( since 12/26) I have lost 10 lbs 25 to go I am thankful I didn't put it ALL back on before catching it...and extremely grateful I didn't turn to something stupid like smoking! and!...life is still awesome...I am not suffering or feeling deprived at all...just made a few adjustments...tweaking Hope you are all well!! Moving forward and learning my lessons....one day at a time!
  15. way to go BAT!!
  16. babs609 replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  17. NOPE here...all the way!!
  18. congrats to you DD!!!! Freedom rocks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.