Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dentalfloss

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dentalfloss

  1. GREAT JOB!
  2. I have a j name. Do I get any credit for that?
  3. I forgot to add, I was only a week or so into the pills when I quit and so was my husband. But I quit on a whim just so I didn't say f-it and not quit at all.
  4. I never had any effects from the meds. I never felt any different on the meds and I also never really felt any different about cigarettes. I set my quit date for July 22ish but moved it up to july 16 on a whim just to see if I could do it because I figured if I would wait until July 22 I'd chicken out and not follow through with my quit. After I quit, I had trouble sleeping and I blamed Chantix but I don't think it was the Chantix causing it. I think it was from quitting in general. My husband never felt different on the meds either. If I remember correctly, he quit smoking before cigarettes changed for him also.
  5. what an excellent explanation. Thanks for posting.
  6. Dentalfloss posted a topic in Socializing
    Hey. Why did you change your name? I was getting ready to ask where you (daydream) was but figured out you changwd your name.
  7. Great job!
  8. And the quotes in my signature.
  9. One cigarette is too many, 1000 cartons are not enough.
  10. Mine lasted about a month then went away.
  11. Yes. All normal. I went through that too. Deep breathing helped me.
  12. Awesome!!
  13. It was negative 11 degrees here earlier today. I don't know what the temperature is now but it's cold so chili it is.
  14. Rebellious kid here. My neighbors stole cigs from their mom and I wanted to fit in plus I liked one of the boys and we would smoke. I was around 12 or 13 and it was a salem menthol light. I would also smoke Marlboros and Winstons or camels when we could get them. I, like most, didn't inhale at first. I'd hold the smoke in my mouth and blow it out but then one of the boys taught me to inhale and I coughed and coughed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.