Everything posted by Dentalfloss
-
Hmmm
I'm really sorry your still struggling. I guess its a consolation to us both knowing we are both in the same boat. As much as that sucks for us.
-
Runningwithwolves celebrates 9 months!
Great job!
-
Happy Birthday Colleen!
Happy birthday!
-
Hmmm
Ok so far but I've only been up for an hour. It's 5:20 am here.
-
Hmmm
Too bad we all can't fast foward to feeling like this.
-
Hmmm
I know 1 will never be enough. I have no control. Its either all or nothing for me and since all will kill me I choose nothing. The trouble comes when trying to really convince myself of all that is bad. I guess I am in the fake it club and I'm not as lonely as I thought.
-
Hmmm
I did go into this quit wanting to quit. I know that for the last few months of smoking, all I could think about was quitting and after I quit, all I could think about was smoking. Thank you for the pic comment. I was thinking the same thing about you. :)
-
Hmmm
I am so glad that its not just me. I read how awesome everyone else is doing and it makes me feel like I am either really doing something wrong or doomed to fail. Glad thats not the case.
-
Hmmm
Wendy you are a doll. No that has never occurred to me and it may very well be the case. Thanks for pointing that out :)
-
Hmmm
How did you finally make it click?
-
Hmmm
I've been out at my favorite expensive restaurant and done some shopping as rewards. I'm going to keep reading and watching videos and telling myself cigs offer nothing. It'll click at some point
-
Hmmm
I forgot to add that I have watched that video
-
Hmmm
You are right. I can make a list of the good aspects of my quit and can't think of any reason why it's bad and no I can't pinpoint what I think I may be missing. I do find myself wanting that one good cigarette. The mythical one that'll end all my cravings and desires to ever smoke again. I know its not real but so I won't waste my my time even trying to have it but I still can't shake that feeling.
-
Hmmm
Thanks guys. You all are truly amazing. I'm not gonna smoke. I don't really want to. I actually already feel better just by typing it out and getting it off my chest. It also helps to know others have struggled at the same point in their quit as me. It's disheartening to read about all the people doing so well when you are not. I'm glad for them but at the same time it's hard for me to hear it. Part of me can't help but wonder if some of the ones claiming to be sailing right on through aren't just saying that so they don't have to admit it's not always easy.
-
Hmmm
Thanks guys. You all are truly amazing. I'm not gonna smoke. I don't really want to. I actually already feel better just by typing it out and gettin got off my chest. It also helps to know others have struggled at the same point in their quit as me. It's disheartening to read about all the people doing so well when you are not. I'm glad for them but at the same time it's hard for me to hear it. Part of me can't help but wonder if some of the ones claiming to be sailing right on through aren't just saying that so they don't have to admit it's not always easy.
-
Hmmm
It's things like that that make me want to keep my quit. I don't want to haul an oxygen tank around and if I don't quit now I know I'll regret it if I get a smoking related disease and I'll wish I could go back in time.
-
Hmmm
I guess I need to get to that point too.
-
Hmmm
I tell myself it's pointless to smoke all the time. I know the brain washing takes time to overcome.
-
Hmmm
I really do believe you guys. I know it has to get better cuz no one would stay quit if it stayed bad. It's hard to see it when you are going through a bad moment though.
-
Hmmm
Thanks Doreen. It makes me feel better knowing Others have felt the same way as me. I sometimes wonder if the ones claiming euphoria early on are just putting on a front or blowing smoke...
-
Hmmm
Thanks action. I keep holding on and believing it does get better. Hoping sooner than later tho. Lol
-
Hmmm
I'm sure it has gotten better and while I do get up and move and try to distract myself maybe I'm not doing enough. Thanks for the suggestions.
-
Hmmm
THANK YOU!!!! I am so glad to hear you struggled too. Not that I'm glad you struggled but all I seem hear is "my quit is all roses and sunshine" and I'm over here like " well isnt that f---ing great for you.." I hate feeling like this but I'm glad its not just me.
-
Hmmm
In a way, yes, I don't know what I feel I'm missing. I can't pin point it. I think part of it may be that I'm scared to go through strong emotions without smoking. I read and watch all the stuff I can but I can't get that out of the back of my mind that there may be something i'm missing. How do I change that? I tell myself all the bad but I can't completely convince myself to believe it all.I keep at it because I hope I will get to that point soon and I do want to be a non smoker.
-
Hmmm
Infact. I've watched most of those videos and i don't want to smoke again. I want to feel more good that bad and right now its the opposite.