Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

johnny5

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by johnny5

  1. NOPE - Smoking sucks!
  2. I think it is good to try not to gain too much weight in the early stages of a quit but don't obsess over it. You can always lose weight later. You can't, however, lose some of the illnesses that come along with continuing to smoke. A lot of people picked up exercise early on to keep them occupied and keep their mind off of smoking. Replacing a negative habit with a positive one is great. I was also told early on to drink a lot of juice and water in the first few days to speed up nicotine leaving the body. Drinking a lot of water can also help keep you feeling full and less apt to snack too much. However, please remember that quitting smoking is the healthiest thing you can do right now. Gaining a few pounds in the early days is not the end of the world. Many people who have quit have later picked up exercise and leaving an all around healthier life. Quitting smoking is a huge step towards a healthier life and can lead to other lifestyle changes down the line.
  3. Congratulations Hellkat! That first month is the hardest and you are doing great. Thanks for sharing your quit journey with us.
  4. Welcome to QuitTrain, mightyboosh. Quitting smoking is a wonderful thing to do and I hope you realize that you were much better off during your seven years quit than when you came back to smoking. You are right. The excuses you have for going back to smoking are illogical. Smoking offers nothing positive at all. Everything that comes with smoking is poisonous and deadly. It is good that you see that. Stick around. Read and participate as much as you can. There is a lot of knowledge and support here that you can gain to help you become a non-smoker for good.
  5. NOPE !!! Happy Friday everybody 😎
  6. Welcome to the site, Jazzmine and congrats on a fabulous quit. I had regular smoking dreams for several years after I quit. I can't remember the last one I had but they can be very scary and it was frustrating that I continued to have them for so long. Nobody seems to really have a concrete understanding of what dreams mean despite a lot of fascinating studies that have been done over the years regarding them. Regarding smoking dreams, I think smoking was such a big part of our lives for so long that it can still regularly be a part of our subconscious world long after we've quit. That's my theory at least. Those dreams are frustrating but as long as you don't light up in the awake world, you are ok.
  7. Welcome to the Lido Deck, MLMR. Thank you for sharing your quit journey with us. I hope you celebrate big today. You deserve it.
  8. Congratulations Richard! 3 months smoke free is great!
  9. Congratulations on two years smoke free, Grund! That is truly awesome!
  10. NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.