Everything posted by johnny5
- Saturday 2nd May 2020
-
8 months smoke-free , need support, feel lonely and down
One frustrating thing is that everyone's quit is different. Some people adjust very quickly, both physically and mentally, to life as a non-smoker but most people take a while, especially if they smoked for a long time. After my first couple of months, I was feeling a lot better but around my 7th or 8th month, I was hit with prolonged periods of anxiety, depression, and renewed thoughts of smoking. It was very frustrating for me as I felt I was doing so well but I fought through it, did NOT smoke, and eventually things got better. Everyone's quit it different so there isn't a magical date in your quit where everyone feels better. The best thing you can do is just fight through this. I know that probably isn't the answer you wanted to hear. But it does get better with time Regarding your chest issues, I agree with Doreen.
-
8 months smoke-free , need support, feel lonely and down
Welcome aboard, Amer. Congratulations on 8 months smoke free. A lot of what you are experiencing does sound normal. The irritability, depression, gas, and anxiety is normal, even at eight months. I can understand the concern regarding the tingling in your chest. It is good that you saw a cardiologist and the tests came back fine. As Jill just stated, maybe you should ask your doctor about a CT scan. I'm not that familiar with them but I can understand your concern. Congrats again on 8 months smoke free. You would be far worse off had you not quit..
-
Just signed up
Awesome job, Jack!
-
Friday 1st May 2020
NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.
-
Thursday 30th April 2020
Nope
-
Mona Celebrates One Week !
Congratulations Mona! Keep up the great work!
-
Steve63 is 6 months smoke free today!
Congratulations on 6 months smoke free, @Steve63 I hope you celebrate today!
-
Wednesday 29th April 2020
NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.
-
Hello, New to forum
Welcome Rene. You are making a great choice in quitting smoking. There is plenty of support and knowledge you can get at this website so feel free to make yourself at home..
-
Patches
Welcome aboard, Teresa. I am not that knowledgeable about patches (although quite a few here are) but I can say that you are making a great choice in quitting smoking. Stick close to this site - there is a lot of knowledge and support you can get here.
-
Daily counter, my journey
Excellent work, AK!
-
4 weeks smoke free!
Congratulations @Amierouge Yes, definitely keep your guard up when you are around smoking friends but the temptation to light up will decrease over time. It is good that your smoking friend is supportive of your quit. That should make things better. Keep up the great work 👍
-
AK is done with Hell Week !!!!
Congratulations @AK47 on making it through hell week. Keep up the great work!
-
Tuesday 28th April 2020
Nope
-
Monday 27th April 2020
NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.
- Which version is the best for you?
-
Daily counter, my journey
You are doing great, AK!
- Sunday 26th April 2020
-
1 to 20,000 in pictures
- Daily counter, my journey
Keep going strong, AK. You are doing great!- Saturday 25th April 2020
NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.- Friday 24th April 2020
Nope- Cravings during unguarded moments--like now
Cravings ease with time and everyone is different in regards to how long it takes. Still, we've all smoked for a long time so it takes a while to get past the thought of smoking as a crutch during certain times. Just remember, that cigarette will not help anything. It will just destroy your quit and you will have to start over from the beginning and sometimes people even struggle with trying to start over. What you are experiencing is absolutely junkie thinking. You are doing great with 2 months smoke free. Keep the quit and things will continue to gradually get better. You are doing great and what you are experiencing is normal.- Day 4; so far so OK
Awesome job, Tyler! Keep up the great work. - Daily counter, my journey