Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

johnny5

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by johnny5

  1. Congratulations on your first month smoke free, Jeff! Keep up the awesome work!
  2. NOPE - Not One Puff Ever
  3. Great job, Mona. No need to cross your fingers. Staying nicotine free is definitely doable and is worth any struggles. You can do this!
  4. Three Covid cases were just detected in the retirement home that my grandmother lives in. From what I have heard, my grandmother is ok. Covid spreads so quickly in places like that though.. The daily infection rates are increasing in both my county and North Carolina in general. NC is started to be mentioned on a regular basis with states like Texas and Arizona as places where infection rates are really increasing. NC's governor has been reluctant to re-open things too fast but I think the political pressure and opposition are dictating things here now, not science. I do work for NC's state government though and at they are being extremely cautious. I am grateful for that. The private sector, though, is more of a mixed bag. A lot of people are walking around like the virus is behind us and don't seem to care at all. We'll see, I guess.
  5. A lot of this sounds normal, Jeff. The tired feelings should get better with time, along with fewer cravings, etc. Keep up the great work! You are doing an awesome thing by quitting smoking.
  6. NOPE - Smoking sucks!
  7. Great job on tossing out the vapes @idontsmoke That ticker is a bit tricky. I think the info is here https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/ If the info on that link doesn't help, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about tickers will chime in soon.
  8. Congratulations on 4 years smoke free @G67 Great job, man!
  9. NOPE - Not One Puff Ever
  10. Bull Durham Major League Caddyshack Any Given Sunday Bad News Bears (the original 1970's one with Walter Matthau...quite politically incorrect) These are just a few that immediately came to mind. I'm not saying the are the best but they are entertaining.
  11. johnny5 replied to Boo's topic in Socializing
    So sorry to read this, Boo, but I definitely understand. Thanks for all the support, humor, music, wisdom, and other contributions that you added to this place. I do hope you still check in from time to time. Take care I hope all remains well with you and your family.
  12. I smoked for about 20 years, starting at age 18. I can't remember the last time I seriously was tempted to smoke a cigarette but the occasional thought does enter my mind from time to time. It is easy to knock that thought out of my mind now though. I echo a lot of what the other posters here said, though. I may not crave cigarettes anymore but I know that would change if I lit up and took one puff. I know I would immediately go back to craving another cigarette, then another one, then another one, etc. I know this from previous, much shorter quit attempts that I failed at. Therefore, I know I cannot take another puff. I'm not sure if my mind is as "normal" as it was when I was 18 (if I was even normal then) but I know that it is NOT normal to inhale nicotine into your body. Things do get better with time but there is no concrete time frame for every quitter. Each quitter's experience getting back to "normal" varies greatly.
  13. You are doing great @Nana20 and a lot of this is normal for someone in the early stages of their quit. Keep up the awesome work. Things will get much better.
  14. johnny5 replied to idontsmoke's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Welcome to the site, @idontsmoke You are doing a great thing getting rid of the vapes. Stick around this site. There is a lot of support and knowledge you can get to help you on your quest for a life without nicotine.
  15. NOPE Congrats on 7 weeks smoke free, @Mona
  16. Congratulations on 4 years smoke free @Biggie

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.