Everything posted by johnny5
-
Saturday 3rd July 2021
NOPE!
-
True SOS-wanting to go and buy cigarettes
@Kate18 Smoking will not cure depression or sadness. In fact, if you do light up and relapse, it will just make things worse. I had several attempts to quit before this one and each relapse I instantly regretted. I remember you quoting a line from my signature a while back, "If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now" and that made me feel really good, even though I wasn't the person who originally posted that. But, it is really true. Think about it, Kate. You know lighting back up is a mistake because..... "If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now." You have done great by being quit for over a year. If you are still struggling, you may want to talk to a doctor about your depression but I guarantee you that smoking now will just make things much worse. Keep the quit, Kate.
-
New here, but not new to quitting smoking
Welcome to QuitTrain, Patricia!
-
Friday 2nd July 2021
NOPE - Not One Puff Ever
-
Abby is Ten Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations on 10 years smoke free, Abby! That is awesome!
-
Opah is Eight Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Awesome job, Opah! Congratulations.
-
Thursday 1st July 2021
NOPE!
-
Day 10
Congratulations on 10 days smoke free, @Kris Keep up the awesome work!
-
Wednesday 30th June 2021
NOPE!
-
I think it has been 2 weeks
Welcome to Quit Train @StevenHere and congratulations on 2 weeks smoke free. You are doing a great thing. Stick close to this site. There is a lot of support and knowledge you can gain to help make this your forever quit.
- Tuesday 29th June 2021
-
DAY 100…100 DAYS
Great job, Gus! Congratulations! Keep up the awesome work!
-
A turning point, a test and a triumph.
Congratulations on 1 week smoke free, Kris. You are making it through the toughest time. Keep up the great work!
- Monday 28th June 2021
-
Heat wave !
It is currently 82 F here at 1:00ish in central North Carolina. It is actually a little cool for this time of the year but the humidity is off the charts. I don't miss smoking in the humid weather, or smoking at all anymore.
-
What made you make the decision to quit!
Welcome to QuitTrain, @Kris You are doing a great thing in quitting smoking. Any reason to quit smoking is a great reason to quit. Your personal health and wanting to be around for others are great reasons. Without going into great detail, I just grew sick of all the crap that went along with smoking (the smell, being out of breath, horrible smokers cough, the financial cost, being looked down at in an increasingly anti-smoking society, etc. etc. etc.) and decided to take my life back. It was tough at first but the support and knowledge I got from a site like this really helped. Quitting smoking is a great thing and I am glad you are doing this.
-
1 to 20,000 in pictures
- Stupid Autocorrect 😠😫😂
Hmm, I haven't been that active here lately, other than NOPEing the last few days. Suddenly, I have achieved "apprentice" ranking. Hmmm... from Google.... ap·pren·tice /əˈpren(t)əs/ noun noun: apprentice; plural noun: apprentices a person who is learning a trade from a skilled employer, having agreed to work for a fixed period at low wages. I might agree with the low wages part but I wouldn't consider my employer to be "skilled." Not sure what that has to do with quitting smoking. A 6 year quit and I am now an apprentice, lol.- Sunday 27th June 2021
- 80 days free!
Awesome job, Robbie! You are doing great!- Saturday 26th June 2021
NOPE!- Friday 25th June 2021
- Thursday 24th June 2021
NOPE!- Wednesday 23rd June 2021
NOPE!- Tuesday 22nd June 2021
- Stupid Autocorrect 😠😫😂