Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

action

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by action

  1. Oh, yay you!!! I am looking forward to you getting past 2 days, because I know you said you had never done that before. Please stay close, and keep posting - it can really help!! ((Hugs))
  2. Oh no Sharon! I will be sending my prayers for Del and all of you!
  3. She still has chocolate, but what she does is buy some nice dark chocolate from the store once a week, and eats 1 or 2 squares a day, after the evening meal. She's never really been that into chocolate though to be honest. for Chips she tries to eat the healthier ones that are baked, not fried. She gets these - http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/ProductDisplay?langId=44&storeId=10151&catalogId=10122&productId=438750 - and that bag will last her about a week (she will have half a dozen crisps a day).
  4. Her main problem was crips (chips), she loved them! She would sit an eat an entire tub of pringles! but not any more! She has ceral for breakfast, I think about 30g with some semi-skimmed milk - no cereal in paticular, she changes every week, but she does avoid the ones that are really bad for you! For lunch I think she has crackerbread with salad and sushi, or crabsticks (fishsticks?) or soup or something like that. For snacks, she has fruit like apples, peaches, strawberrys, instead of chocolate. In the evening we have a usual meal - either chicken or fish with salad (we are eating a lot of salad right now). Last night we had chilli-con-carne. she still eats some treats (note the cake she has in the last picture, but she made me eat half of it, lol). She still has a scoop of ice-cream when we go to the cinema. She really only drinks water during the week now, and has cut back on alcohol, and now only drinks vodka and sodawater at the weekends. Basically, she tries to count calories of everything, and tries not to exceed 1300 a day... I hope that helps!
  5. Oh no, that's terrible! I hope he turns up and is OK!!
  6. Ooh, and you get to have a whole new wardrobe!! I took 6 sacks of old clothes to charity/good will, and she had to go out and buy all new clothes :)
  7. Thank you all for your kind words - they mean so much! And because Tasha is eating better, I am eating better too, and i feel great! She is so much happier now, as she has IBS, and used to get attacks on a daily basis - now she has one once in a blue moon ( and nowhere near as bad). Plus, we are saving a fortune not getting takeaways!!! (Takeouts)
  8. Thankfully it is possible Leanna, and of you can quit smoking, you can do anything! And this was not a mega, loose loads of weight as quickly as possible - OK, she lost a lot right at the beginning, but for the majority, it has been a steady 2 lbs a week lost. She didn't even do loads of exercise - She goes for a casual walk for about 45 minutes a day, and nothing more. I know you can do it :)
  9. I would never think that, even if you posted one every day! And please do not worry about potentially offending me when you are in a bad mood - I would rather you type some swear words here if it is going to help you. Remmebr that that your quit is all that should matter to you, and we will be here to support you, whenever you need us. Love you, too :wub:
  10. So, you all now I quit smoking last October, and the primary reason for wanting to quit being to have a baby (don't get excited, it hasn't happened yet!). I knew I had to quit smoking, and she knew she had to loose weight, before we could have any IVF treatments. Well, I've kept my end if the bargain, and I'm pleased to say, so has she :) She started her healthier living in January (we try not to call it a diet, because we are looking at it as a lifestyle change, rather than something temporary). She used a company called JanePlan for the first 3 months, and she's done the rest on her own. I'm not sure how long JanePlan have been around, but they were so impressed with Tasha's transformation, that they are writing an article about her, and she will be their first ever person that they will write about in a new section of their website (I can't remember what they are going to call it). In exchange, they are treating her to manicure, pedicure, other treatments at a nice spa or something! Once the article is published, I will link it here for you all to read. I just wanted to post this here because just like she is proud of me for quitting smoking, I am proud of her for what she has achieved. Since January, she has lost 5 stone, or 70 lbs for our American friends. She is the love if my life, and helps me to stay off the smokes every time I look at her. This was Tasha at my brothers wedding, last November: This was 1st March: This was a few weeks ago, at another wedding (you might have seen this already): And this was at a Tea House, on Saturday (isn't she adorable?): And the great news is that she is inspiring others, as my SIL has started on a similar thing, and she's lost about a stone and a half in a month :)
  11. Doreen, I'm the same. My most common errors are If instead of of (and vice versa) Is instead of us (and vice versa) It drives me round the twist!!!
  12. Good morning, how are you doing?
  13. Yes, I miss her too. I expect that she is off enjoying her awesome smoke free life ;)
  14. action replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7 morning all :)
  15. (((Susana))) - proud of you.
  16. Congratulations Joe! 9 months is a masive milestone - in three quarters of a year, you have gone through 3 of the 4 seasons, and expereinced almost everything a full year can throw at you. I know you've had some hard times recently, but you have been an absolute rock, and in turn, helped so many others. Look forward to hearing from you soon ;)
  17. Susana, I hope to see you pledging NOPE this morning, with your quit in tact...
  18. That's good. Every quit has to start somewhere :) I know that you said you do not get much support out there, so please stay close to us, and we will give you all of the support possible!! You can do this, we believe in you!!!!
  19. action replied to Zelda's topic in Introductions & About Us
    You will get stronger as you progress, and days will get easier - everything negative about quitting is temporary, and everything positive is permanent. Cherish the gift that you have been given, because it sounds like a miracle to me ;)
  20. Oh no you bloody well don't Susana - you don't get off that easily; that junkie in your head is not taking you away from us, not this time. You being a danger to people's quit is hogwash, and you know it. Your junkie is just giving you a way out of posting, because if you aren't posting, then you don't feel like you have to commit to the quit, but that's BS too. I always look for you in the morning, always check you've NOPEd, because it makes my day a little brighter, knowing you've pledged. I'm being selfish here, but don't that that away from me, please. Read Jackie's posts... She made a mistake and threw away a beautiful quit, and she is trying to help you. Please don't let her courage be for nothing. The instant you smoke, you will be wishing that you were back where you are right now, - almost 6 weeks quit - don't do this to yourself...
  21. action replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    You'd have to get Joe to help, again :p
  22. action replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    This thread REALLY needs a disclaimer... And Doreen says that I'm the smutty one?! lol ;) :p
  23. Literally LOL'd... We're in the front room and My wife and my mum looked at me, and asked what Was so funny... I just looked at them and said 'shepherds pie'... I think they think I've lost it, lol ;)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.