Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

El Bandito

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by El Bandito

  1. An absolutely stunning morning in my little corner of England. Why on earth would I want to pollute it with a stinky cigarette? So Today I pledge...NOPE Who will join me?
  2. Grilled or fried. An essential part of a special breakfast. Bakon has a Harley. So spends 2, 3 hours a year with the wind in his hair and 3,4 hours a weekend with a wrench in his hand.
  3. Smoking is horrible and enslaves. Today, I pledge Not One Puff Ever....just for today. Who will join me?
  4. El Bandito replied to bakon's topic in Games
    11
  5. El Bandito replied to bakon's topic in Games
    11
  6. 15 months! Congratulations.
  7. Real Freedom is never free. Lest We Forget.
  8. Paula - sounds like the end of a chapter. So - now time for a new, exciting, non-smoking chapter...exciting times!
  9. Congratulations on 3 months! Well done.
  10. Congratulations Beacon! Great achievement.
  11. Hey Brittany - I hope you are waking up to a brand new Day 4. Sounds like yesterday was a toughie. Good. Remember what that felt like. Close your eyes and relive that feeling. You will NEVER EVER need to feel like that again as long as you stick to one little rule - NOT ONE PUFF EVER. It is the cigarette that makes you feel like you felt. No never-smoker ever goes through what you have just been through - because they never used the cause - the cigarette. Again - you have done the worst. You will never need to feel like that again. WELL DONE! Congratulations! 'Atta girl! The emotions thing? Normal. As a XXL Hairy-arsed Scot - I obviously never cry. I have found however that since quitting, a lot of bugs fly into my eye ;)
  12. I'm sorry to hear that Rowly. Clearly you can stop, your attempts have proved that. The issue must therefore be mental. You believe that by not smoking, you are giving something up. Allen Carr did write a follow up to EasyWay, called OnlyWay. Worth a try?
  13. Smoking kills. Just for today, I am going to take Not One Puff Ever AND I am going to take a few minutes to imagine what it must have been like for those brave young men who ran into a hail of machine gun fire this day 70 years ago. Who will join me?
  14. Fantastic Evelyn. Keep on keeping on.
  15. Hey Brittany - Day 3. The last day of nicotine in your system. Everything you are feeling is normal. You are making massive changes to your body chemistry. So - keep breathing. Sip water, Sip juice. Take a walk. Do a crossword..distract yourself. Today is tough - but it does get easier. Nobody ever got killed by a crave - but lots did by cigarettes. You CAN do this!
  16. Mason - I used to talk to mine - out loud. "Hello Craving! How are you? I was wondering when you would come along. You know - you are the result of smoking. Never-smokers don't get cravings. Why would they? Non-smokers don't either. I quit smoking. So - you are just an automatic reaction triggered by years of habit...every time you come by and I don't smoke, you get weaker and weaker - until eventually I don't even notice you...So - thanks for coming by. I don't smoke - so wasted trip I'm afraid. I am FREE. I love being free. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" (always worth checking there are not too many people nearby before you start talking to yourself ;) )
  17. This.
  18. Thanks for stopping by Charlie. Congratulations on your quit.
  19. 5 Morning!
  20. El Bandito replied to bakon's topic in Games
    7
  21. El Bandito replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3
  22. Ah Bakon... The islanders are fond of rhymes..squeak - week. Simples.
  23. A beautiful morning here. I pledge Not One Puff Ever...just for today. Who will join me?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.